Page 1 of 2
Hello UG. I woke up this morning and thought it would be a good idea to take very coarse sandpaper and sand down the tip of my Epiphone les paul custom until it was flat enough to not look totally retarded. It went fine but I'm worried about the white dust coming from the lacquer and other plastic/plexi type substances all around there. Heres a close up of the headstock -headstock
Theres a couple millimeters of clear finish over the black finish on the entire headstock, and then a white binding. Is this dust safe to breathe??? It's all over my deck and I don't want it in my house if its dangerous. I didnt wear any protective gear. Help me out.
VAN HALEN - March 13 at the Izod

Quote by xchiefx
What kind of idiot mows the street
so you sanded off the artistic beautiful look of the headstock and are worried about cancer? chances are it isnt going to give you cancer, now if you inhale that constantly im sure it could mess you up eventually...

sooooo what does the sanded version look like...?
AMPS:
Bugera 333XL
Orange AD30
VoxAC30cc2
ELECTRIC GUITARS:
Les Paul Standard 60s Neck
Jackson DKM2
Godin Solidac
ACOUSTICS:
Taylor 714CE
#1 Influence:
RUSH!!!
looks like someones gonna be dieing young
Quote by Skwisgar
The trip would reach its climax when you came across a character filling a pool via fapping and attempting to drown innocent people in it

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I ran up and started screaming rape because I knew she would never cheat on me.
You sanded that off? What the hell is wrong with you?

Not only are you killing the beauty of the headstock, but you're also taking away the binding...

/dumb*ss.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
You'll probably live 10 minutes shorter. As long as you don't do stuff like that on a daily basis, you'll be fine. But what made you do this?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
i think this is a f***ing windup.

nobody could be that stupid.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
seriously though, wether its Gibson, or Epiphone that headstock is beautiful. unless it simply wasnt METAL enough for you so you decided to take away any beauty it had. If i was Les Paul i would beat you with a Hello Kitty squire...

im just kidding about the hello kitty thing:P
AMPS:
Bugera 333XL
Orange AD30
VoxAC30cc2
ELECTRIC GUITARS:
Jackson DKM2
Godin Solidac
ACOUSTICS:
Taylor 714CE
#1 Influence:
RUSH!!!
That's like buying a hard top and then cutting it off cause you wanted a convertible...scratch that, this is dumber.
dumb$hit, its beautiful as it was.
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
you'll be okay dude. but i dont see why you would do that, it looked great before... how about some pics of the aftermath?
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Such a sexy headstock, such a lame thing to do. Sanding a headstock like that, you deserve to get cancer. Those headstocks are beautiful.
Yes.. You will get a lot of cancer... I would give you about two weeks left..

or maybe not..
I brother breathed in a lot of dust and eventually gained a slight allergy to it. To the point where if **** was dusty around him he would break out all over his body. Weird. True story, you can't make something so ridiculous up...
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

the only way for you to survive the deadly asbestos dust that all gibsons use as a deterent to people chopping, sanding, or otherwise whacking the looks of such a classic beauty, is for you hide the used sand paper in your rear "cavity" shall we say for no less than 1, thats one, month or 30 days which ever comes first. hurry now times a-wastin
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
I'll post pics when I get my camera back tomorrow. It actually doesn't look too horrible. I was freaking out before because I thought the polyurethane dust would like kill me but I'm cool now. I wanted to sand it down because I cant stand headstocks that are weird and curly like that. My ideal headstock would be either a Martin or a Gibson, with broad edges at the top. The epiphone one looks so weak and not powerful. so thats why.

and no, it wasnt because the look wasnt metal enough. im more of an early rhcp guy
VAN HALEN - March 13 at the Izod

Quote by xchiefx
What kind of idiot mows the street
its your axe dude, you do what you gotta do , be sure to post pics tho
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
I have changed a lot of Epi headstocks to Gibson and sold them - as Epis of course - for a nice profit.

Some people need the G name even if the guitar is a POS like the Epi
you will defeniatly die, but not from cancer, but from 40 pist off UG'ers.

UG are legion, and we will strangle you with strings and showe a guitar up your arse, and that guitar will be a god damn EIGHT-string, mate!
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by SenorSmiley
I have changed a lot of Epi headstocks to Gibson and sold them - as Epis of course - for a nice profit.

Some people need the G name even if the guitar is a POS like the Epi

ah, i see! so thats how you've got so many amazing guitars: you ripped people off by selling epiphones disguised as gibsons so people could pretend they had gibsons...

Also epiphone =/= POS... unless its one of the lower end models.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
HERE is what MIGHT happen to you....

that stuff you inhaled....think of it as Poison...then this:
The poison goes to work on the central nervous system, causing severe muscle spasms followed by the inevitable drooling. At this point, the entire digestive system collapses accompanied by uncontrollable flatulence. Until finally, the poor bastard is reduced to a quivering wasted piece of jelly...

taken from Airplane
AMPS:
Bugera 333XL
Orange AD30
VoxAC30cc2
ELECTRIC GUITARS:
Jackson DKM2
Godin Solidac
ACOUSTICS:
Taylor 714CE
#1 Influence:
RUSH!!!
Quote by Blompcube
ah, i see! so thats how you've got so many amazing guitars: you ripped people off by selling epiphones disguised as gibsons so people could pretend they had gibsons...

Also epiphone =/= POS... unless its one of the lower end models.

No, I have had people come to me and ask me to make their Epi headstock into a Gibson one. It's easy to do.

I don't really have a bunch of amazing guitars. I just have guitars I have had for a long time and I look for deals and save instead of wasting money on low end stuff.

Also, as I said, I would never try to sell one as a Gibson - although if someone did anyone could tell the difference as they don't look/feel/sound anything alike.
Quote by WolfBlackRiver
seriously though, wether its Gibson, or Epiphone that headstock is beautiful. unless it simply wasnt METAL enough for you so you decided to take away any beauty it had. If i was Les Paul i would beat you with a Hello Kitty squire...

im just kidding about the hello kitty thing:P

Dude I won a hello kitty squire at a show and it sounds nicer than my fender stratocaster! how gay is that I used it on stage and every one was laughing at first but when they heard it they were amazed!
Quote by zstuchalot
Dude I won a hello kitty squire at a show and it sounds nicer than my fender stratocaster! how gay is that I used it on stage and every one was laughing at first but when they heard it they were amazed!

Please be sarcastic. PLEAAASSEE!!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
I hope you don't ever plan on selling it now...the second you touched the sandpaper to the headstock, you lost about half the value of the guitar.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
So what he modified his headstock? Maybe he doesn't think that this headstock is as "beautiful" and "sexy" as you guys think it is. This IS a forum, used to express OPINION. Just remember that all because you have an opinion or agree with someone, it doesn't mean its a FACT.

If Jimmy Page did what this guy did you'd all be saying what a wonderful idea it was. I personally don't have a problem with it...
Now and Zen.
Quote by Badmotorfever
So what he modified his headstock? Maybe he doesn't think that this headstock is as "beautiful" and "sexy" as you guys think it is. This IS a forum, used to express OPINION. Just remember that all because you have an opinion or agree with someone, it doesn't mean its a FACT.

If Jimmy Page did what this guy did you'd all be saying what a wonderful idea it was. I personally don't have a problem with it...

I could care less who sands there head stock...it's a bad idea regardless. And if Jimmy Page did it...I would think he was a dumb ass too.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
if you're really worried you could, i dunno, contact your doctor or something.

in future, wear a facemask (or don't do it at all).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Lil Macker
Please be sarcastic. PLEAAASSEE!!

Im not sure if I won it our not I just woke u with a (hang over) guitar bag and inside of it was the hello kitty guitar, there is probably some little girl out there crying because she lost it...
I actually hate gibson and epiphone headstocks. They're chunky and ugly as hell. Not stylish at all. Who wants their headstock to look like some old fashioned music book laid open?
Ibanez ARC300DVS plugged into a Valve Jr. with a 1x12 custom Ear Candy cab and a blues driver. (Too many guitars to list.)

My Soundclick
Pics or it didn't happen.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Page 1 of 2