What's yours?

Mine has to be Scuttle Buttin' by SRV.

My friend played this to me about 4 years ago (on an acoustic!). I've kept it part of my practice regime ever since, just cuz it's a real test of accuracy on your alternate picking.

When he taught me how to play it I was like, "Gees, how the f*^k do you do that?!

Then I bought 'Couldn't Stand The Weather' and listened to the original for the first time. Absolutley incredible, pure raw talent in my eyes (and ears!)

Here's the tab if anyones intrigued....and what's your fav blues lick?

----------- 0----------0
----------0--0-3(s)5--3(p)0-
-2(b1/4)-----------------------3-2-0
-------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------0 Then the E7#9 (Hendrix) chord!
I love Johny B Goode ..

EDIT: I don't know if that's blues actually
I really like the intro riff thing for purple haze, it's just really fun to play, and sounds awesome, also there are a few little licks / riffs from this ebook I got, they're really cool, the one you posted is pretty cool too, I'm looking for a bunch of licks to learn (part of my new practice schedule) so it'll be interesting to see what people post here
Quote by Swap-Meet
I really like the intro riff thing for purple haze, it's just really fun to play, and sounds awesome, also there are a few little licks / riffs from this ebook I got, they're really cool, the one you posted is pretty cool too, I'm looking for a bunch of licks to learn (part of my new practice schedule) so it'll be interesting to see what people post here

Good stuff man, keep at it! On the theory side of things (just to benefit everyone really), that intro riff is a tritone. That's Hendrix genius for you. He can make the most dissonant interval sound awesome!
theres a couple for me...

the one that Clapton always does, idk how to explain it but it can be in either the I or III position of a minor blues.

two is the jam intro that john mayer does before playing "City Love" at Crossroads 04. AMAZING! I'm constantly working on that one.

I know theres more but i cant think right now
Quote by wyantsm
theres a couple for me...

the one that Clapton always does, idk how to explain it but it can be in either the I or III position of a minor blues.

two is the jam intro that john mayer does before playing "City Love" at Crossroads 04. AMAZING! I'm constantly working on that one.

I know theres more but i cant think right now

Clapton is my fav player of all time! I could tab out some licks for you but I haven't got time now. Watch this space tho.

...and being a Clapton fan I have that DVD - freakin awesome! I believe Mayer is actually in Drop D for that song - and it is a great intro.
i made this up when i first started out...

i guess its based off pentatonic but yea its hella simple

-------12H15P--------------------------------------------------
-----------------15-12-------------------------------------------
-------------------------14b(15)---12H14P-----12~~-------
-------------------------------------------------14--------14~\-
-------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry i messed up tabbing it the first time now its right...
Last edited by <vlad> at Jul 24, 2008,