Page 1 of 3
Okay hey again guys, im home from Newcastle, it was nice, but theres some stuff i didn't particulary enjoy in the UK

1: The sinks! Whenever im going to the bathroom and washing my hands i can't get my damn hands under the watercrane becouse the thing is placed to close to the sink! And why are there 2 water crane (is crane the right word?), i mean it's enough with 1 as in Norway and most other countries.

2: The Toilets. In public toilets, why are the "wall" things that surrounds the toilet so short? I mean whenever i go to the toilet i can look over the wall and i fear the other guys might do the same as well!

3: The roads. Why does the cars have to go the opposite way than the other countries. I mean i almsost get hit by the cars becouse i can't get used to the traffic system there.

4: Im forced to drink diet coke becouse my fav soda isn't in most shops. And the diet coke tastes bitter here!

5: I don't want to get served milk with my coffee, i drink it black, allways.

6: Why the heck does people party from 6 pm to 11 pm? In Norway it starts 11 pm and ends around 3 am? Annoying!

7: You have alot of nice resturants and junk food stuff, which allways makes me hungry, damn you!

but afteral i loved England
...What!?
Most of the things listed either a) shouldn't be a problem b) were your fault or c) just odd

Partying 6-11? Do you mean in clubs? If so, you must have been somewhere a bit rubbish. Unless it was a pub....
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
1. One is for hot water, one is for cold water.
2. It's an unwritten rule that you don't look.
3. It's just different.
4. Diet Coke rules.
5. And that's a problem how, exactly, considering getting black coffee is as easy as getting white coffee?
6. They don't, at least not in my experience.
7. Damn straight we do.
Quote by sam b
ey, nowt wrong with Newcastle *shakes fist*

You've spelled Newcastle wrong in your location. Sorry that has bugged me for ages.

I agree with the whole public toilet thing though. I know loads of people who would be able to look over the walls.
NOPE.
Quote by Ergin

I mean whenever i go to the toilet i can look over the wall and i fear the other guys might do the same as well!

Wow...
Quote by charvel_man
You've spelled Newcastle wrong in your location. Sorry that has bugged me for ages.

Ditto

~phew~
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by charvel_man

I agree with the whole public toilet thing though. I know loads of people who would be able to look over the walls.

I know, I know

Why does everyone insist on telling me It's been like that for like, 4 years

Also, ^ Geordies*
Would you like some help with getting the sand out of your vagina?

Ps:
Diet Coke is for fools and bassists, Lilt is where it's at.
That's too fucking bad. Sorry for not conforming to your expectations based on your own country and culture, but y'know. It's all these immigrants
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Ergin
1: The sinks! Whenever im going to the bathroom and washing my hands i can't get my damn hands under the watercrane becouse the thing is placed to close to the sink! And why are there 2 water crane (is crane the right word?), i mean it's enough with 1 as in Norway and most other countries.

Wtf?

You mean that you can't get your big nordic hands under the taps, and there shouldn't be two taps anyway. Actually, it depends on the tap. Our kitchen has hot and cold water coming out of the same tap. But one would imagine that in Scandinavia you don't need cold water because it always snows.

2: The Toilets. In public toilets, why are the "wall" things that surrounds the toilet so short? I mean whenever i go to the toilet i can look over the wall and i fear the other guys might do the same as well!

In Britain, we're manly enough to take other men sneaking glances at our phalluses.

3: The roads. Why does the cars have to go the opposite way than the other countries. I mean i almsost get hit by the cars becouse i can't get used to the traffic system there.

It is logical to drive on the left, if you think about it you're driving clockwise. Also, before we invented driving on the left, people just went into each other.

4: Im forced to drink diet coke becouse my fav soda isn't in most shops. And the diet coke tastes bitter here!

Diet Coke tastes like w*ank anywhere you go. Why not have regular coke.

5: I don't want to get served milk with my coffee, i drink it black, allways.

You just have to ask for your coffee black. It's not the norm to go commando milk-wise, but it's very common.

6: Why the heck does people party from 6 pm to 11 pm? In Norway it starts 11 pm and ends around 3 am? Annoying!

Erm, I was under the impression that we party from 10-3. Maybe up north it's different, because all the dole scum have to be outside the job center at 8am to pick up their benefits.

7: You have alot of nice resturants and junk food stuff, which allways makes me hungry, damn you!

That, my friend, is the power of MSG
On the road issue, Britain has always driven on the left hand side, and so did many, many other countries, but Napoleon changed it all in mainland Europe, I don't see any reason to change, I manage fine in France, you should adapt.

Why would another country sell the same fizzy drinks? Apart from big brands like Coke and Sprite, you're not likely to find the same drinks. I bet I wouldn't find my favourite drink - Thatcher's Cider - in Norway.

Anyway, tis good to hear you like Britain, but you have to get used to our customs, as you doin any foreign country. We don't though, we just shout in English and point at things very aggressively.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
1. There have always been 2 taps, there just have. One for hot and one for cold. It's not very efficient but you have to deal with it
2. As was stated before, it's an unwritten rule that you just don't look. Surely that one was obvious right?
3. That's your own fault, you need to be careful when you go to a country where everyone drives on the wrong side of the road.
4. Don't drink diet coke? It isn't like that's the only drink over here
5. That's annoying, and I haven't got an answer to that except explain to the person serving you (in a very patronising voice) that you want black coffee, they usually get the message.
6. If you mean clubs, it depends on what day you go. Fridays and Saturdays most places (especially in my city) start at 9pm and kick out at about 3.30am. If you go during the week the city usually closes at 12am.
7. Yup, junk food is rife in most cities and Newcastle is no exception. You just gotta have the willpower to stay away from them.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
LOL @ "watercranes".

Quote by Ergin

We drive on the right side of the road - everyone else is wrong.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Quote by sam b
I know, I know

Why does everyone insist on telling me It's been like that for like, 4 years

Fackin' sowt it aaoout dick'ead.

I kid, I kid, nobody wants an angry Geordie.

(I'm also sorry for all of those who have nagged you in the past about it)
NOPE.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Maybe up north it's different, because all the dole scum have to be outside the job center at 8am to pick up their benefits.

don't diss the power of the Northerners!
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Maybe up north it's different, because all the dole scum have to be outside the job center at 8am to pick up their benefits.

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Aye, 'tis true. We Northeners have the power to overhaul all you southern ponces
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Quote by Ergin

Britain invented the whole idea of driving on one side, it's your own fault if you went and changed it
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Didn't people in all countries originally drive (or ride their horses) on left but Napoleon changed it because he didn't want to be the same as Britain? Kinda like them Cubans and the US.
TS, stop nitpicking. They drive that way in lots of other countries. Also I've never been to the UK. But those chippy chip things sound good. Send me some?
Quote by Dinkydaisy
That's too fucking bad. Sorry for not conforming to your expectations based on your own country and culture, but y'know. It's all these immigrants

Have you been reading the daily mail?
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Erm, I was under the impression that we party from 10-3. Maybe up north it's different, because all the dole scum have to be outside the job center at 8am to pick up their benefits.

*marks down this twunt as a twunt*
Quote by Donaldguitar
Didn't people in all countries originally drive (or ride their horses) on left but Napoleon changed it because he didn't want to be the same as Britain? Kinda like them Cubans and the US.

That's the story I've always heard.
Quote by jsbud11
TS, stop nitpicking. They drive that way in lots of other countries. Also I've never been to the UK. But those chippy chip things sound good. Send me some?

..? Elaborate my good fellow.
NOPE.
Quote by sam b
*marks down this twunt as a twunt*

He's right.

But to be honest, at least it wasnt liverpool.
Quote by Donaldguitar

I don't know about the Napoleon thing, but we started riding horses on the left so your sword hand is towards people approaching, so it was easier to defend yourself.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
Quote by Vince Noir
I don't know about the Napoleon thing, but we started riding horses on the left so your sword hand is towards people approaching, so it was easier to defend yourself.

Is that why us lefties are the minority?
And what's the deal with hugh grant? Seriously.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Indeed, you folk can very efficiently abuse your benefits and sap the country of its wealth.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Vince Noir

It's true, and the countries that drive on the right (wrong) side of the road have usually had influence from Napoleon, who changed out of spite. For instance, most countries which were a part of the Empire drive on the left - Ausfailia, Zealand, many African countries - and some, like Japan, just realised how much more logical it is.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by sam b
Aye, everyone in the north is on the dole

Admitting it is the first step.

By the way, how comes whenever I go on holiday the resorts are always full of Northerners?
Quote by freddaahh
It's true, and the countries that drive on the right (wrong) side of the road have usually had influence from Napoleon, who changed out of spite. For instance, most countries which were a part of the Empire drive on the left - Ausfailia, Zealand, many African countries - and some, like Japan, just realised how much more logical it is.

That's brilliant.

Quote by Kumanji
Quote by freddaahh

He didn't change it out of spite, he changed it because he was left handed, and riding on the right side of roads was polite to *him* and thats all he cared about really
Quote by joeymaxx
Have you been reading the daily mail?

That was kind of the joke.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by DanRev

By the way, how comes whenever I go on holiday the resorts are always full of Northerners?

Because you have bad taste in holiday resorts?
Page 1 of 3