i have a ibanez grg270dx and i want to change my pickups i play mostly iron maiden yngwie malmsteen steve vai stratovarius sonata artica (power metal) what would you recoment!!
P@inkiller
non, they are polar opposites....What, look at some dimarizo's, some one will help you (i think it's segull who knows his pups)

but your also going to here this later, what's the other gear you have?
for that music, Dimarzio, but...

Whats your amp? most of the time when people ask for new pups, it's the amp that needs an upgrade. And in your case, an entirly new guitar would help. never been a fan of the grg-series
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Super Distortion in the bridge, PAF pro in the neck. should cover all bases.
Quote by bjoern_swe
for that music, Dimarzio, but...

Whats your amp? most of the time when people ask for new pups, it's the amp that needs an upgrade. And in your case, an entirly new guitar would help. never been a fan of the grg-series

well i have a vox 15r but im going to buy a Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 !! and why u dont like gio series? they are good for the price!
P@inkiller
Quote by javier2012
well i have a vox 15r but im going to buy a Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412 !! and why u dont like gio series? they are good for the price!

no no no no do NOT get one of the larger MGs.

They're total crap, the only good MGs are the smaller ones, as long as you dont put the volume up

The big MGs are real muddy and are worthless crap.

DO NOT GET AN MG!

*brace yourself for people going insane*
Quote by GuitaristTrue
no no no no do NOT get one of the larger MGs.

They're total crap, the only good MGs are the smaller ones, as long as you dont put the volume up

The big MGs are real muddy and are worthless crap.

DO NOT GET AN MG!

*brace yourself for people going insane*

they really so bad??? any recomendation!! for a better amp.!!!
P@inkiller
A lot of the people on this forum will tell you to stay away from MG. Doesn't matter if it's 15 watts or 100 watts. It's still an MG.
go for a peavey valveking for that price.or if you have enough,a peavey 6505 combo
Quote by Rush_fan2112
i want to walk down the streets of a very large, populized city (one like toronto, or new york) wearing a wonder woman costume and eating a stick of butter

Quote by figsandbobo
I can eat a 16" no problem.
do you really need all that wattage? if it's just for practice, i say Vox AD30 or 50 and Roland Cube 30 or 60. and i wouldnt mind putting new pickups on a GRG. its better to buy a new guitar.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I agree with you getting a Roland cube or Vox ADVT,
They're very versatile and can do most music types well but they sacrifice some tone for versatility. But they're still amazing for their price.
They are still a much better option than a MG.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.