These threads have got to get annoying to people, but I need to make another one.

I've been trying to decide on what guitar to upgrade to for a while, because my guitar (even after multiple setups) buzzes like hell. I tried out G-400's, and was turned off of them by the neck heaviness, and I tried some LPs today that just didn't feel right (all epi's). So I have a few questions...

1) Does it take a while to get used to an LP after playing a strat? The bridge felt really high and the neck was harder to slide up and down.
2) Can anyone recommend me a guitar? I'm into rock and some metal, but not really hardcore metal. I also go into blues sometimes. My budget's about $450 at most, but if it's a really good guitar, I can wait to go a little higher. (btw, I want to upgrade my guitar first because of the intolerable buzz, but an amp upgrade is coming a little down the line, so don't say "change your amp.")

Thanks in advance.
a fender MIM strat or tele are both good guitars for that price range, you could always change the pickups later on down the line if you want, or a fender deluxe blackout tele is also pretty sweet.
Gear:

MIA Fender Stratocaster
Jackson Kelly KE3
Ibanez Universe
Marshall JCM 800
Orange Jim Root Terror
Mesa 2x12
Ovation Custom Balladeer
pedals and such in profile
you should try a tele.

i think there are some around the 450 range
Well either a Strat or a Les Paul would totally suit your musical needs there...

Les Paul necks are very different than Strat necks. It may well take some time to get used to the different feel. Personally, I love the feel of a good LP neck...the 50's style neck feels a little better to me though.

If you're looking at either a Strat or LP, wait. Save up for a good guitar. Play a lot of them until you find something that's right for you.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
I have an Ibanez RG370DX that I sold a fender for. It's HSH with coil splits.
Quote by matx33
Well either a Strat or a Les Paul would totally suit your musical needs there...

Les Paul necks are very different than Strat necks. It may well take some time to get used to the different feel. Personally, I love the feel of a good LP neck...the 50's style neck feels a little better to me though.

If you're looking at either a Strat or LP, wait. Save up for a good guitar. Play a lot of them until you find something that's right for you.

None of the strats or LPs in this price range are "good"? What about MiM Fender HSS Strats? And some Epi LPs?

Are you saying I should just give the LP neck time, and see how it feels, also?
Quote by -Blue-

2) Can anyone recommend me a guitar? I'm into rock and some metal, but not really hardcore metal. I also go into blues sometimes. My budget's about $450 at most, but if it's a really good guitar, I can wait to go a little higher. (btw, I want to upgrade my guitar first because of the intolerable buzz, but an amp upgrade is coming a little down the line, so don't say "change your amp.")

Thanks in advance.

I can Recommend A Few. If you want A LP sound, but don't want to Stray To far away from Fenders, Go for a Tele Delxue/Deluxe Thinline, theres also stuff like a Yamaha Pacifica. I would also suggest some Entry Level Washburns as well
i use to have a strat then went over to an LP, it takes a little bit to get use to, but once you do its amazing, i never even play my strat anymore
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.