I'm trying to learn Wonderwall by Oasis on my Acoustic Guitar, but I just can't seem to get any semblance of the rhythm down. It's extremely hard for me to play that fast. I have been playing for 2-3 weeks now and I can sort of play Wish You Were Here (excluding the intro), and I can play the intro to Enter Sandman and Run To The Hills on my Squier Strat. I bought a Metronome, but that doesn't seem to help either. What are some things I could do to help my rhythm or be able to strum that fast?

Also, how do I use the metronome? I understand the basic operation of it, but besides that, I'm lost as to what to do with the beeps it gives me.
for usign the metronome, u align ur quarter notes with the beep. so a whole note is all four beeps, half note is 2 beeps, 1/8 note is half a beep (2 notes in the time of one beep), 1/16th note is 1/4th of a beep (4 notes in the time of one beep)
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.
^ Bingo.

Think of the metronome as a basic drum beat. Songs are generally structured in 4/4 time, which means 4 beats per measure. The beeps are set up in beats per minute or BPM, which is the song's tempo. You can usually look at the top of a tab to find out what tempo a given song is.

As for the rhythm, I'd suggest starting out slow. Find out what tempo the song is and start out at half that. Once you have the timing down, gradually raise the tempo of your metronome, a few beats per minute, until you get to the song's actual tempo. Practicing slow with a metronome is the best way to get better at rhythm and timing, make sure you're doing it not only with songs but with everything you practice: chords, scales, exercises, you name it.

Hope that helps!
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
I'm still slightly confused about the Metronome :/ I know very little about music on a staff etc
If you're still confused, read through the beginner lessons on the main UG site. It should help you get up to speed. Also, try googling "working with a metronome'
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play