Hi guys, I have a few problems, the problem is BAND PRACTICE:

The band formed in April, it was just me(lead guitar) and my friend (rythme guitar), we had practice every week or even twice a week, then we found a drummer, near the end of may, we had 3-5 practices with him, tossed around some ideas, now we have a keyboardist/temporary singer, i practice with him onnce/twice a week.

the thing is: The drummer is here, he hasn't got a drum set so we practice at a band studio/apartment, i practice often with the rythme guitarist but he is in France (he left 2 weeks ago) and he is going to be there for another 2 weeks, the keyboardest just joined, the other Band members haven't met him, but i know that he is good (they trust me), usually i would arrange a practice for me the drummer and keyboard but the rythme guitarist has the apartment/studio owner's number and i cannot reach the guitarist because he has his phone switched off.

this is a mess, all my band members are reliable but I need help desperatly on getting a practice going in 2 weeks, (btw i leave for germany for 10 days on thursday)

any advice???? i'm going crazy
Get a set of diaries, give one each to the band members, get everyone to write in their diaries when they will be away, compare diaries, the dates when you are all in town are the dates when you can all rehearse together.
Be patient and wait until these dates.

If you can't wait, go and jam with whichever band member is available at the time until all of them are available, that way, you'll probably have some pretty sound ideas which you can go to your full rehearsals with.
the problem isn't diaries, i knew ehn i would be free and when the rythme guitarist is free, i know that they are all back in the country by the 10th of aygust (that's when i get back) i just need tips on destressing and arranging the next practice in an organized manner
Quote by thedefrockednun
the problem isn't diaries, i knew ehn i would be free and when the rythme guitarist is free, i know that they are all back in the country by the 10th of aygust (that's when i get back) i just need tips on destressing and arranging the next practice in an organized manner

Go to the studio, book the date and time of the practice, write it in their diaries, relax.
It's easy.

In the meantime, take up pottery or painting.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Jul 24, 2008,
Just relax. You can't practice right now - that's all right. You're leaving soon anyway. The band won't fall apart because you haven't practiced for a couple weeks, and the fact of the matter is you guys clearly aren't really anything yet. Don't sweat it. Enjoy your week off - enjoy Germany - then come back and practice.
thanks, but it has been 2-3 weeks, and then another 2 weeks thats more than a month, i mean yeah, we aren't anything speacial yet, but when i read through the fourms, and all these people's pronlems, we have no problems, the problems only occure when the band isn't together (btw i just found out that the drummer is on holiday), i need to call the keyboardest and drummer to arrange the day of practice, and i'll call the rythme guitarist on the 4th of august, i hope we don't stay apart for much longer, i just finished of 2 songs (lyrics guitar and bass) and i can't wait to show it to the other guys.
Quote by thedefrockednun
thanks, but it has been 2-3 weeks, and then another 2 weeks thats more than a month, i mean yeah, we aren't anything speacial yet, but when i read through the fourms, and all these people's pronlems, we have no problems, the problems only occure when the band isn't together (btw i just found out that the drummer is on holiday), i need to call the keyboardest and drummer to arrange the day of practice, and i'll call the rythme guitarist on the 4th of august, i hope we don't stay apart for much longer, i just finished of 2 songs (lyrics guitar and bass) and i can't wait to show it to the other guys.

Dude, it's just that time of year, when everyone has a holiday break. Get used to to it because it's gonna happen every year.