Ok I got a Dean Razorback V for my Bday a couple weeks ago and im not to crazy about the hardware but i love the guitar. I plan on putting new pickups an Original Floyd Rose and an EMG Afterburner. I decided I want a Seymour Duncan Invader as the Bridge Pickup.

Now can anyone give me a suggestion for a neck pickup? I do ALOT of sweeping and tapping and shred and stuff. Any suggestions?
Yeah i was figuring i would get that. The PAF's are nice pickups. Has anyone tried the evos or anything like that?
Whats an afterburner, just curious?

I'm buying an invader for the neck of my guitar, I think it sounds alot better there. Just throwing that out there, it works fantastically on the neck. it was BUILT for shredding..
invader? why not Full Shred in bridge? its better, imo. then Jazz neck.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Hmmm...I guess i could switch the invader to the neck cause i liked it on the syn custom. but anyone got any other ideas im totally up for any suggestions as far as pickups choices go. but i am saving actives for my next project guitar
Quote by The_V_Player
Hmmm...I guess i could switch the invader to the neck cause i liked it on the syn custom. but anyone got any other ideas im totally up for any suggestions as far as pickups choices go. but i am saving actives for my next project guitar

pickups dont always work well on all guitars. try the invader for both bridge and neck and see if it sounds good.
but i would scrap the idea of putting in an invader and get a Duncan Custom/59 or Full Shred/59 set.
only reason i wouldnt use a set of invaders is cause i think sets take away originality. Weird, i know but thats my taste. and yeah i love the '59 in the neck but ive never even heard of a full shred so ill have to test that out
I have to say, as a person with invaders that theres much better out there for the money. they are overly muddy and undefined. Speaking as an owner of both i can tell you If you were to pair that with a paf pro it wouldn't work out so well. Paf pro does sound so nice in th eneck though just look again at your bridge position.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
So you guys think i should pick a new pickup for the bridge? But i tried a Warrior Wr1 and had an invader at the bridge and a full shred at the neck and it sounded awesome. But now im taking any pickup combos at all
i'll stick to Full Shred/Jazz combo. maybe even Custom/Full Shred