So can anybody recommend me some Nas. I've been meaning to get into some of his stuff but never got around to it. I heard his song "Sly Fox" today on The Colbert Report (Nas was a guest), and some of his lines were brilliant. "When I turn on CBS I only see BS" was sick. So what would be a good album to start with?
"I'm sick of following my dreams man. I'm just ask where they're going, and hook up with them later."
Just watched it. Wow..... That song is the shit. And it trashes the horrible POS that is Fox News. That song is full of win.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Listen to :

Illmatic
It Was Written
Lost Tapes
Stillmatic
God's Son

The rest of his discography is worth skipping, though a few songs here and there otherwise aren't bad (such as Sekou Story off of Street's Disciple, and Nas is Like off of I Am).
Like-father, like-son rebels bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord hear our prayer take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics
Illmatic, easy.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

lllmatic., but I hear great things about his new one. I really want to get it.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by RHCP94
lllmatic., but I hear great things about his new one. I really want to get it.

I honestly didn't think the new one was any good at all. There were 2-3 good songs and the rest were forgettable.. but this is coming from someone who hated HHID and thought Street's Disciple was average, so you may disagree.
Like-father, like-son rebels bloated on korn, eminems and bizkits. Lord hear our prayer take back your Amy Grant mosh-crews and your fair-weather politics
Thanks for the input guys.
"I'm sick of following my dreams man. I'm just ask where they're going, and hook up with them later."