Poll: Are you old enough to vote and do you?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are you old enough to vote and do you?
I am and I do
54 31%
I am and I don't
18 10%
I am not yet but I will when I am old enough
71 40%
I am not yet but I won't or don't care too
15 8%
Beer is better than politics.
19 11%
Voters: 177.
Page 1 of 2
Inspired by the current thread - UG's own Presidential Election. I love the political arguments that all serious threads in the pit seem to generate. But my question to my fellow pit monkeys is two fold.
1. Are you old enough to vote in your nations elections?
2. If you are, do you?
Simple questions really. Please keep your political views to a minimum in here. I'm more interested in how politically active the Pit really is than what your views are.
Poll up in a moment. (I'm going as fast as my damn internet connection allows. )
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
i am yes
but i dont see the point
the party i want to win never does
and then i see it as a wasted vote
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
not yet but I would vote democrat if I was, if only I was born a couple of months before November...damn.
I'm not, but if I could I would. Even if it was just to spoil my ballet
tl;dr : IM BETTER THAN YOU
Quote by XCount Me InX
i am yes
but i dont see the point

It's a wasted vote if you don't vote. You still voted for a party/candidate that meets your ideals. Having your choice not winning =/= wasted vote IMO.

No, I am not old enough yet, I still have to wait 2 years. I'll probably vote Tory unless they do some God awful stuff in 2 years.
NOPE.
Last edited by charvel_man at Jul 24, 2008,
yeah im thinking that way too haha (green party!)
Yeah, infact I am the current spokesman for the VOTE OR DIE campaign.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by kidsilcon
Yeah, infact I am the current spokesman for VOTE OR DIE campaign.

VOTE OR DIE MOTHAFUCKA.
NOPE.
1. No, but I will be in a month.
2. I'm not sure if I will. I mean, I want Obama to win, and I don't want to ignore voting because I'm lazy. The reason I might not vote is because I really don't feel well-informed enough in politics, and I really am not 100% comfortable voting because of that reason.
im voting green party
labour are wankers and have totally ****ed up this country
conservs are pretty good but wanna bring back fox hunting which is a BIG no
leb dems....theres so few of them
independant dont want fox hunting but wanna join europe

so im going for green UNLESS they wanna build a ton of those ****ing wind turbines on my ****ing hill...............they can shove that up their asses

so many MPS make promises but never actually DO anything
all they spend their time doing is swaning around at houses abroad or around the country...they dont actually give a ****

they charge us a ton for our taxes and what do we get out of it? Uncreasing fuel prices and food prices

they TALK about helping Zimbabwe.....has anything been done.......NO
as for immigrants...dont even get me ****ing started on that ****

and then what about loosing all our PRIVATE data by leaving it on trains, IN THE MIDDLE OF ROUNDABOUTS! and having it stolen

jesus christ
yeah im done..
/rant
Last edited by XCount Me InX at Jul 24, 2008,
Option three.
Quote by The Madcap
2. I'm not sure if I will. I mean, I want Obama to win, and I don't want to ignore voting because I'm lazy. The reason I might not vote is because I really don't feel well-informed enough in politics, and I really am not 100% comfortable voting because of that reason.

If you're not informed enough, or you don't support any of the candidates, you should still go vote, but not check a name. That's right, empty ballot.

You can still show your opinion.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by XCount Me InX
im voting green party
Have you read the Green's manifesto? Their ideas are so stupid and naive I'm embarrassed for them. I'd love to vote for them in principle but I'd like them to wise up first.

Er hang on...you'll vote green unless they'll put up turbines for renewable energy?
i would vote if it mattered, but until the actual voters number(popular vote) count as the election, not the damn electoral college choosing, then i'll vote. but the current American setup will throw out millions of votes. who the hell decided that an entire state full of people will only count as the majority vote, and completely toss away the rest of the non majority votes..... sh^t system.
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
Not old enough yet, but I will. I mean, we americans take that right for granted by not voting. some countries don't even offer that, and even if they do, its corrupt and rigged.
Quote by Lil Macker
I voted 9, cause I would only let my mum give me a handjob...

Quote by brennsy
SathiaSun for president

Un-Banned! Boy, does it feel great to be back.
Join the Bear Grylls Foundation group!
Quote by The Madcap

Are you aware that you can go in and vote for the candidates you are comfy with and just leave the other ballot options blank?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by XCount Me InX
im voting green party
labour are wankers and have totally ****ed up this country
conservs are pretty good but wanna bring back fox hunting which is a BIG no
leb dems....theres so few of them
independant dont want fox hunting but wanna join europe

so im going for green UNLESS they wanna build a ton of those ****ing wind turbines on my ****ing hill...............they can shove that up their asses

so many MPS make promises but never actually DO anything
all they spend their time doing is swaning around at houses abroad or around the country...they dont actually give a ****

they charge us a ton for our taxes and what do we get out of it? Uncreasing fuel prices and food prices

they TALK about helping Zimbabwe.....has anything been done.......NO
as for immigrants...dont even get me ****ing started on that ****

and then what about loosing all our PRIVATE data by leaving it on trains, IN THE MIDDLE OF ROUNDABOUTS! and having it stolen

jesus christ
yeah im done..
/rant

Meet me in the hardcore off topic thread for a political whipping later
Quote by smb
Have you read the Green's manifesto? Their ideas are so stupid and naive I'm embarrassed for them. I'd love to vote for them in principle but I'd like them to wise up first.

better than getting labour in again lol
Quote by XCount Me InX
better than getting labour in again lol
Well we're in agreement there! But that logic means I'll have to vote Tory.
I'm turning 18 in April, so I won't be voting in this year's election. Most of my friends in my grade will, though, as they all seem to have birthdays from August to October.
Quote by Craigo
Meet me in the hardcore off topic thread for a political whipping later

LOL piss off

i just had an argument with someone about something else totally different and that rant was abrewing i sound like an old woman

appologies people
Quote by SathiaSun
Not old enough yet, but I will. I mean, we americans take that right for granted by not voting. some countries don't even offer that, and even if they do, its corrupt and rigged.

+1

58 percent of eligible voters participated in the January 2005 Iraqi election. Those who didn't vote did so for fear of being shot.

60.7 percent of eligible voters participated in the 2004 American Presidential election. Those who didn't vote did so because they didn't have time or didn't care.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Yes and Bob Barr FTW.

no pointless war

&

drug rehabiliation, not criminalization
I got my own life to live,
I'm the one that's going to die
when its time for me to die.
So let me live my life
the way i want to.
-Jimi Hendrix, If 6 was 9
Yes, I feel that it is my duty. I vote every single time that I am physically able to.
I'm going to decide to vote by the following:

Create a playlist with songs from Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, and Rage Against the Machine. Then I'm going to put it on random/shuffle. If it lands on Hendrix; I'll vote, if it lands on Nirvana; I won't, and if it lands on Rage; I'll protest and set a cop car on fire.
Quote by The Madcap

98% of the voters aren't informed at all, as long as you know a little bit, you will at least be doing what they couldn't.
Quote by XCount Me InX
LOL piss off

i just had an argument with someone about something else totally different and that rant was abrewing i sound like an old woman

appologies people

Political whipping has happened. Go back into the off topic thread to see

I only did that to avoid this thread getting too political so it gets closes and gets told to be in the politics thread. If anyone wants to have a look, shoot.
Every single person should vote once they're eligible, without fail.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Quote by walkinbazooka
+1

58 percent of eligible voters participated in the January 2005 Iraqi election. Those who didn't vote did so for fear of being shot.

60.7 percent of Registered voters participated in the 2004 American Presidential election. Those who didn't vote did so because they didn't have time or didn't care.

Fixed. Voter apathy pisses me off more than warm beer. And the Brits that drink it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I agree. How did it come to this, though? I mean back in the day people killed for the right to vote. Now, more people vote for American Idol than for our President.
It makes me want to beat people and pour piss-warm beer all over them.
Yes I'm older than 18 and I have never voted...I never gave a fat rats ass and I don't plan on doing so
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by Seryaph
I agree. How did it come to this, though? I mean back in the day people killed for the right to vote. Now, more people vote for American Idol than for our President.
It makes me want to beat people and pour piss-warm beer all over them.

Richard Nixon. He did more to destroy Americas faith in government than everything else in US history combined.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Ah! I always thought he was a bastard. Do you mean through his time as President during the Vietnam "conflict" or the whole Watergate thing . . . or a combinaton of both?
Quote by XCount Me InX
i am yes
but i dont see the point

It's mindsets like that, that keep your party from winning.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by The Madcap
when in doubt, vote nader.

who incidentally, is who i plan on voting for in this upcoming election.
Page 1 of 2