Hi,
Although I've been playing guitar for many years now, I've never done any recording. I'm thinking of investing in a Boss BR-600.

1 - Has anyone else used these?
2 - Are they any good (I've watched the demo's and they seem ok)?
3 - I know they lost of built in effects, but would I be able to use the DI on my Marshall and just record the sound my Rig makes, without the effects of the BR-600?
4 - What type of output do you use whilst recording (playback). Home stereo amp and speakers or through my computer for instance.

Regards
Delboy
they are fair units, probably better than the Fostex MTRs out there.
however if you have a desktop you can use, an audio interface and computer based setup is always cheaper to start and run...
Last edited by moody07747 at Aug 8, 2008,
Quote by Delboyuk_01

4 - What type of output do you use whilst recording (playback). Home stereo amp and speakers or through my computer for instance.

A VERY important question. Neither stereo speakers nor computer speakers are really up to the job. They are 'coloured' so that the consumer listens to them and has a sense of 'these sound great!' Unfortunately, it is the same extended bass response and tweaked high end that makes the average consumer go 'yeah!' that makes them nearly impossible to mix on.

Studio monitors sound very boring. But they are honest and accurate.

Consider this: Put on a pair of yellow-tinted sunglasses. Now go paint a scene outside. Take off the glasses. Looks pretty hilarious, doesn't it? You have to accommodate for and guess - all simultaneously - the coloration of what you are seeing and creating. No bloody way you're going to be all that successful. Now try clear lenses. Sure, not near as funky, but a heck of a lot more usable!

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
3) yes you can turn off the FX on the MTR and record DIed using a line or record out from the amp however most of the time, using a Shure SM57 mic is a better choice and easier to deal with.