Im bored and i figured id take a break from practicing phrasing and want to learn a Dream Theater song, hopefully to get some ideas.

What is a fairly easy (Easy in the sense of DT) song, that doesnt have a really long very fast alt picking solo (ex. Beyond this life, this dying soul)

I learned some of Erotomania, but that solo is still too fast.

Also, i dont have a 7 string, and im not gonna downtune my guitar, i dont want to resetup the trem
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
learning to live....FTW?
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by nexteyenate
learning to live....FTW?

2x
**** yeah dude thats an epic one !!!!!
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
Alright ill try that, i dont know if i could compare to LaBries epic F sharp though
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Pull me under, Voices, Blind faith, Beyond this life etc etc
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
You could do Pull Me Under thats pretty ezmode for dt. And the beginning is bad ass.
Constant Motion. I know like the 2 minute intro riff (which is pretty nicely paced, but akward at first), and know the first like 15 or 16 bars of the solo. I just haven't had the motivation to learn much more, but try that. There's a bit of sweeping towards the end, so I'm gunna try to use that to learn how to sweep. Mainly, i like the song because the intro riff is what i use to warm up my picking and fretting hands for alternate picking after i'm done doing chromatic exercises and whatnot.
In the Presence of Enemies

The opening lick is sex.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Quote by RG_FANMAN
Constant Motion. I know like the 2 minute intro riff (which is pretty nicely paced, but akward at first), and know the first like 15 or 16 bars of the solo. I just haven't had the motivation to learn much more, but try that. There's a bit of sweeping towards the end, so I'm gunna try to use that to learn how to sweep. Mainly, i like the song because the intro riff is what i use to warm up my picking and fretting hands for alternate picking after i'm done doing chromatic exercises and whatnot.

+1.It's a fairly easy song from them,Standard E tuning.Hard solo though.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic