Page 1 of 2
I play the lead guitar, but in an ideal world, I'd love to be the singer. If I could sing even at ALL I would be all over the frontman role, it's just seems cooler.
im already a lead guitarist/lead singer ... maybe i could play bass with my feet while playing tap guitar with one hand, drumming in the other and singing
Gibson Les Paul + Orange Tiny Terror = Sex
Lead vox. But I always end up playing guitar as well. Which pisses me off really, I just want to focus on doing one thing.
i just like to play guitar in my band...i play lead and rhythm but honestly as long as im playing music i like it doesn't matter about being lead this or that
Sig space available, give me some praise
id like to be what i am.
switch off from lead and rhythm and do backup screams
member of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm silvertoness11 to join

Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
In the beginning there was nothing...

...which exploded.

UG MISSLE SILO!
I've just noticed that no matter how great sounding a solo you can pull out, or how impressive a riff you can play, people are always more impressed by a good singer than a good guitarist, in my experience at least. Guitar praise is like a passing thing: "hey, that solo was great, well done," versus, "Wow, you're such a good singer!" etc. I want a piece of that!
I share a twin lead/rhythm role in my current band. I don't mind playing lead or twin lead but I don't think I could just play rhythm as my guitar as I'd feel I was playing second fiddle to the lead.
i just play guitar, gilmour style
Gear:
Fender MIA Strat w/EMG SA's
Fender Super 60
Boss RT-20 Rotary Sim
Ibanez AD-9 Analog Delay
EHX Big Muff

"Doctor Kindly Tell Your Wife
That I'm Alive, Flowers Thrive
Realise, Realise, Realise"
Quote by Fivebretz
I play the lead guitar, but in an ideal world, I'd love to be the singer. If I could sing even at ALL I would be all over the frontman role, it's just seems cooler.

Me and the other guitarist share the solos, we do what has to be done; but I often find myself wishing I weren't the singer, in fact I'm helping him learn so we can share that load too.
Singing is fun, but it sucks when you can't play a part you wrote cause you have to sing, and I write most of the music so I get that feeling often.
Quote by Fivebretz

+1 man. If I could actually sing, I'd ditch my guitar in a second and be a frontman. I like taking the lead.
Quote by Fivebretz
I've just noticed that no matter how great sounding a solo you can pull out, or how impressive a riff you can play, people are always more impressed by a good singer than a good guitarist, in my experience at least. Guitar praise is like a passing thing: "hey, that solo was great, well done," versus, "Wow, you're such a good singer!" etc. I want a piece of that!

Good guitar players are easier to come by. It could also be the fact that being able to sing well is usually something you're born with, while anyone can play face melting solos if they practice for long enough.

To get back on topic, I wish I could be the multi-instrumentalist.
Quote by MTVget0FFtheAIR

"ur a fag if you don't pronounce the lightning bolt in ac/dc"

touche. who wuzzit?

Quote by lookie here
OMG! smile_man, that was amazing.
singer/ guitarist... like dave grohl, lemmy (yes I know its a bass), kurt cobain, and james hetfield.
Quote by Aaron the 4th
GAYS...we don't hate that your gay we hate that your proud of it
i like playing just lead guitar....which is exactly what i do. although i wouldnt wanna sing in a band, i would like to be able to sing well, for the chicks
Quote by Fivebretz

you shouldn't be in it for the ego though
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by ross1234

Well it's not really like that lol, I play the lead, and always will, but I'd just like sometimes the attention my singer gets, universal praise 24/7 for him, because he can sing well, whereas my guitar playing is just like "wow you must be practising, no mistakes that time!"
I wanna be "the funny one" :P

Nah. I like where I'm at. Rhythm with the occasional lead fill so I can bounce off our lead. It's a blast
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
I guess I'm fine with just guitar. I can never see myself as a frontman. I'm just too ugly, awkward, nervous, and oh yea, my voice sucks. However, when I was younger, I always saw myself as a drummer or a bassist. Pretty funny because I suck at both. You have to embrace what you can do and focus on it. Awkward guitar is my thing, and I'm going to focus on it.
Quote by ross1234

Nice, good to see some one's in the game for the right reasons.
My issue is a bit egotistical, the sort'a "I wrote that part but some one else is going to have to play it" thing, is possessive of me. But I always enjoy performances more when I just play rather than when I have to sing. And sadly I sing more often than I play these days.
Last edited by MiG_853 at Jul 24, 2008,
I sing much better than I can play guitar, but anytime I picture myself, I always see me singing while playing lead/rhythm.
Quote by RPGoof
I'd like to sing and play guitar.
But I can't sing.

Yeah, I'd love to be singind and wailing at the same time. I just lack the voice.
You know, I may be the only one, but I have always wanted to play Bass. Given, I love playing guitar, but theres something about the bass that I really just love.
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Being a bassist and back-up vocalist, while being able to sing songs that suit my singing style.
I'm not good enough yet to be anything but a rhythm guitarist, but that's fine with me, I like playing rhythm and being the lead singer.
singer/screamer.

but i love playing guitar too much to leave it in the hands of another.

so alas, i shall guitar.

but rhythm, because a good rhythm section makes a band, no matter how good the lead guitarist.
------

Shwiggity.
Ideally, I'd like to just be able to hold my own in singing. In fact, I began picking up a guitar so I could sing since no one around here wanted to commit to a band, so here I am now a solo acoustic act. But I wish I could in a full band as the frontman/singer.
Ive always wanted be te singer, you know know the one getting the crowd all pumped up and delivering "the message" of the song. But I think drumming beats it.
Quote by Metallicaxp
why would you buy hollister? Wal-mart FTW!
I change my mind quite a bit. Sometimes I'd just like to be the awesome guitarist. But i also love singing and playing the frontman role.

What I think i'll do wit hmy band is find a third guitarist who can also sing well and we'd switch off singing and play or both.

Is that a crazy idea?
lead Singer/lead guitar
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
I'd like to be the lead guitarist and singer.

Unfortunately I can't sing so hot, and I'm not to good at leads, so I'd be more of the rhythm guitarist.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
I'd like to do exactly what guys like Thomas Erak (Fall of Troy) and Claudio Sanchez (Coheed) do. Its so sick when a lead singer can play lead guitar at the same time. I'm trying, but it's soo tough to do.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
I'm not allowed to solo in my band. But that suits because I'm no good at it and all I do all day is write riffs and harmonies and stuff like that, so rhythm suits me perfectly. I wouldn't mind doing some singing either. Only backing vocals really though.
Quote by Rory Kavanagh
I'm not allowed to solo in my band.

They actually disallow you from doing a solo?

Quote by SteveHouse

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Quote by Rory Kavanagh
Nope rule from day 1.

I'd be a little offended if I were you.

Quote by SteveHouse

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
Page 1 of 2