..and I dont have the cab yet. Can I somehow hook it up to my spider3 and use it as a speaker. I dont think its possible just because its only 15watt, and they thing may explode or something, but in the chance that I can, I though I would ask.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
I would wait til you get a cab.

Congrats on the purchase though, I own a JSX head. Super versatile
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
It would most likely damage the speaker if it were even possible. May i ask why you only bought the head?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Im going to pick up a Marshall 1960A in the next couple of days. The head arrived before I could go out and get the cab.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
The impedance will be off.

Spiders have **** speakers anyways so it wouldn't be worth it. Just wait it out man.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

15watt line 6 to a JSX. i'd call that a slight upgrade!!! and definately just wait for the cab. it'll be well worth the wait. i have one too and i can see how it would drive ya nuts only being able to look at it...
Quote by vivalasoad883

JSX throught a 1960.. my buddy has that setup.. I about ruined a good pair of pants when i first heard it

sounds like a good deal, Ive tested the head a few times, but through a peavey cab, I hope that 1960A is worth it.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
i tested mine on several cabs, i thought the 1960a sounded best. considerably better than the peavey cab. gotta love them celestions!
Why made you choose the 1960a over the peavy one? Obviously, it sounded better..but could you elaborate
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
I really have no experience in comparing the two. I have heard bad things about the peavey, and nothing but good things about the 1960. I have used a 1960 before, a guy across the street from me had one that I tried before, and I liked it( it wasn't "OMFG AMAZING", but it sounded good). Overall, everyone seems to like the 1960a, so im taking everyone else;s word on it, because I have limited playing on it.

edit: see post above you, I didnt even see that before typing this, but it reassures me I am making a good decision.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M