Okay so here's my story. I just turned 17, and I joined my first band last year in November. Everyone else is adults. We're just a cover band and we play a mix of classic rock and modern rock, all radio friendly stuff. Some of the songs we cover are:

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Judas Priest - Breaking The Law
White Zombie - Thunderkiss '65
Marilyn Manson - Sweet Dreams
Alice In Chains - Nutshell

The only problem is that I'm a metalhead. I'm young, but I mainly listen to old school death/thrash metal like Death, Morbid Angel, Obituary, Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, Celtic Frost, Testament, Opeth, etc. The rest of my band members are money hungry sell-out posers who like horrible generic radio friendly radio music... So I was thinking about making a little side project... I play guitar and I have a friend who listens to death metal too who also plays guitar.... We still need a bass player, drummer, and vocalist. Unfortunately, there are a lot of obstacles.

1.) We live in rural Mississippi. There aren't many people period. That means way less musicians. Also, it's hard finding death metal fans, especially around here. Everyone wants to hear Lynyrd Skynyrd lol.

2. We have no P.A. System or mic so the vocalist would have to have his own.

3. I have no car. My friend does (the other guitarist) but I don't.

4. My friend has a small combo amp with one 10 or 12 inch speaker (can't remember which).. Will it be loud enough to gig with?

lmao, it seems like i'll never have a death metal band...
Don't worry about your equipment or your car issue, that stuff will work it out later. Just try and get the word out as much as possible that you are looking for band members. Ask around school, put up flyers, use the band you're in now to network and find people. There's gotta be some people out there who listen to the same stuff you do.
Welcome to the worst part being a musician, finding people to play with.

I've been looking for 3 years and have only found a drummer.
if your school has a guitar class, or even a *gasp* school band, you might try looking there. Playing one instrument, even if it's something like the tuba, often inspires looking into another instrument. Also, if there's a jazz band--well, there'll be a couple drummers and a bassist and maybe a guitarist right there.

If you're in luck, though, there will be a guitar class--those are always chalk full of metalheads. I know, because I mocked them and they mocked me all year :p
I owe a ton of people critiques.

If you're one of them, please PM me.

I have trouble keeping track.
The car isn't a big deal and the mic and P.A system isn't either unless the vocalist doesn't have one. I'm not sure with the amp but it might be okay. You could try to play Free Bird cause I'm sure the crowd will like it.
Trust me mate, I'm the exact same position.
I put on websites that I strictly influenced by thrash/death, and that I have no tolerance for nu metal or the mainstream, I get hit back by kids looking for a someone to sing a slipknot inlfuenced band. Even If I come off biased, I'm sorry but I really cannot listen to anything else. I have tried.

****ing sick of being the only person around that wants to play awesome music, not make it big.

I really do wish there were more people like me and you, I guess we are unique.
Quote by IROBOTInferno
I've never been caught (beating off), but my dad was picking up my gf once and "accidentaly" grabbed her boobs.
Man I have the same problem here. I can't find anyone around here to jam with and when I do. They either aren't near as good as they say they are, which isn't bad because I truly think I'm terrible been told otherwise but yeah. Back to the topic. It's they are not near as good as they said, they have completely different styles mix of both or just uncommitted. I want to play like technical stuff which is my down fall mainly because its hard but I can't find other people that can do it. But Im open to other styles and its still hard. Finding people is the hardest thing in the world to do.