OK well I'm going to sell my current head which is a Randall V-Max series 1.

So as a replacement I was looking at a Randall 50TH but when i played it it didnt really do much for me, whatever I did it was just kinda muddy...

So I was thinking, would a JCM900 with a boost get into high gain territory?
My band plays stuff like Bring Me The Horizon, The Devil Wears Prada, Between The Buried And Me, As Blood Runs Black ect.

Would the JCM900 be able to get that heavy?

Thanks, Felix.
UG's Official Stuffed Toy! Because I am so cuddly wuddly

I LOVE KENSAI
I've got one, and I dont know what the bands you mentioned sound like but I'm geussing really really heavy. The JCM900 could prabobly do it, but you'd defintily need a boost like you said.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
I Wanna know what you meant
No. I used to own one and sold it. It can do up to Metallica with buckers. The gain isn't that intense. I now have a Supersonic and it gets heavier than the 900 did.
High as tits
Ok, Mixed responces, any one else?

Also can you recommend a head in that price range that could do those genres?

I LOVE KENSAI
The JCM can do it with a boost. I use a more punkish alternative rock gain for my general style, but with a strong enough boost, it can hit metal just fine. My solo boost tone sounds like old Ozzy (Crazy Train, Bark at the Moon), so getting the gain high enough and boosting it will be very heavy.
The 900 has a great tone. Just runs an overdrive infront and mabey an eq in the loop and you've got a killer metal amp. I dont care what anyone says, they're wrong.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
Quote by Ubershall404
The 900 has a great tone. Just runs an overdrive infront and mabey an eq in the loop and you've got a killer metal amp. I dont care what anyone says, they're wrong.

or maybe they have different opinions or believe they need more gain?
Quote by RaNdoM-FeLiX
Ok, Mixed responces, any one else?

Also can you recommend a head in that price range that could do those genres?

Peavey 5150 or 6505 used.

Don't get me wrong, it has great tone, and the OD is pretty good, but not what made Marshall famous. It also doesn't have enough gain for the bands you listed, which is what my response is based off of.

If you get an OD pedal, one that will drive it into metal, then yes any head can do those bands, and the 900 would do it better than most, but by itself, it cannot reach that territory.
High as tits
Ahaha, Well I have no idea what I want now...

I LOVE KENSAI
well jeremy uses the jcm800, i dont know if there is much difference in the 900. but he uses a ibanez tube screamer with it too
Recommended threads
Suggestions
Punk Rocker
Last post:
by .::BigAl::.