let me start by saying i have used the search for this, and did not find anything.

Anyone seen the new X-Files movie yet? I have, and my recommendation, DON'T waste your time. There's NOTHING alien related, or government conspiracy related!!
it was a COMPLETE waste of my time!! they couldve made the movie with completely new characters, and not made it an x-files movie, and it wouldve been the same!! theres no character expansion at all. it's based about 10yrs after the series ended, and they don't do ANYTHING to fill in that time for the viewer.
So there you all go, my b!tch about it.

Feel free to add opinions, and expectations.
wow you just totally put me off seeing it
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by ross1234
wow you just totally put me off seeing it

good!! if you wanna see it, download it, don't waste your money!!
it couldve been a standalone movie, and still failed, they only put the xfiles name on it to make more money!! Going by the name of it The X-Files: I want to believe, i expected at least some kind of alien part to the movie... NONE!! One of the main things about the original series is the Government Conspiracy/Cover-Up side, which i always enjoyed, and theres NONE of that in this movie either. So pretty much, it's a normal cops/thriller (using the term 'thriller' VERY loosely)
Last edited by Mangler_666 at Jul 24, 2008,
What about the sex scene between the two main actors?

If you weren't turned off the film before, that should do it.

If that made you want to see the movie. Please go seek mental help right away.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
It looked dumb anyways.
AND it was rated pg-13.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
Quote by Jericho114

what sex scene?? there wasn't one!! must have been edited out.
Its out on the 1st of Aug here....

I actually wanna watch it... I sorta quite liked the show...

Oh and thanks TS for ruining the movie for me! I could have had kept that disappointment for the cinema!
Quote by af_the_fragile
Its out on the 1st of Aug here....

I actually wanna watch it... I sorta quite liked the show...

I am a fan of the show, actually re-watching it all again, but this movie is not good for the fans AT ALL!!!

Sorry Fragile, I wasnt trying to ruin it for anyone, was trying to warn ppl not to waste their money on it. I was hugely disappointed in the movie, just trying to help out
Quote by RocknRollRay
It looked dumb anyways.
AND it was rated pg-13.

The 1st X-Files movie from 1998 (i think) was also PG-13, and it was quite a good film!!
Quote by Mangler_666
The 1st X-Files movie from 1998 (i think) was also PG-13, and it was quite a good film!!

Yeah buy I want to see gore and sex and bad language. You can't get that in pg-13 movies nowadays.
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
Quote by RocknRollRay
Yeah buy I want to see gore and sex and bad language. You can't get that in pg-13 movies nowadays.

yeah thats true, but those things werent really a part of the x-files anyway, maybe a little gore, but not a lot.
Well, the only times i got scared watching x-files was when i watched it when i was like 12 or something. It was the episode about a hospital and where all the spirits of the dead in this hospital were kept alive by this drug the patients in there were taking... Something like that.
That episode terrified the crap out of me!

Then when i watch it now days, i find the show interesting but not scary. Most of it is just about aliens and government conspiracies, strange monsters or Moulder searching for his sister...
Not really much gore or violence or sex.
^ I don't get it... So was that last paragraph serious or not?
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
TS, you are a real asshole like really.

That because you don't like it, doesn't mean others will.
Quote by af_the_fragile
Well, the only times i got scared watching x-files was when i watched it when i was like 12 or something. It was the episode about a hospital and where all the spirits of the dead in this hospital were kept alive by this drug the patients in there were taking... Something like that.
That episode terrified the crap out of me!

i remember that episode, i watched it a few days ago, was in an elderly care hospital, and there was a mushroom that was allowing them to see the spirits of the deceased, and it was also curing the effects of diseases. but once they stopped taking the mushroom drug, they went back to normal. Good episode!!
Quote by herman ri2
TS, you are a real asshole like really.

That because you don't like it, doesn't mean others will.

Thanks for your opinion (no sarcasm!!)
and i didn't give away the story or anything like that!! all i said was if you're expecting aliens and conspiracies, you will be disappointed. If you get enjoyment out of the film, then i'm genuinly happy for you, but i didn't get any, and i believe that any fans of the original series probably wont either.
Thanks for saving me like 20 bucks. I'll just rent it when it comes out on dvd.
Quote by jsbud11

You are welcome
Quote by jsbud11

*coughwww.watch-movies.netcough*
Quote by Mangler_666
i remember that episode, i watched it a few days ago, was in an elderly care hospital, and there was a mushroom that was allowing them to see the spirits of the deceased, and it was also curing the effects of diseases. but once they stopped taking the mushroom drug, they went back to normal. Good episode!!

Yup, that was it!
Now it probably wasn't too scary an episode... but when i first watched it, i was like 12 or something so it freaked me out... I remember i wasn't able to sleep that night!

and i was sorta semi serious in that 2nd paragraph...
X-Files really is not much of a scary show... It has interesting stories. But gore, violence and sex is not really much of a part of it.
Quote by af_the_fragile
Yup, that was it!
Now it probably wasn't too scary an episode... but when i first watched it, i was like 12 or something so it freaked me out... I remember i wasn't able to sleep that night!

and i was sorta semi serious in that 2nd paragraph...
X-Files really is not much of a scary show... It has interesting stories. But gore, violence and sex is not really much of a part of it.

I agree, there were a few eps that scared me when i was younger, and i had trouble sleeping from them too. But now, the thing i love is the story, they're always interesting, and i love the conspiracies and things like that. But you are also correct, there wasn't a great deal of violence in the show.
Quote by esp1234
Thanks you've just saved me $7.50

Popcorn, drinks, and gummy worms

duh!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
If I didn't watch things on the basis of one person's opinion, then I probably wouldn't have watched anything in my entire life. I'm going to watch it, because it's the X Files and I need my Gillian Anderson fix. She's such a MILF.

Lol, thats fair enough, by all means, go ahead and watch it
If you are looking for an entertaining movie, you might find it in the xfiles movie, however the sci-fi buffs, and xfiles fans probably won't get as much enjoyment out of it. I was even disappointed in Scully... she wasn't the same as she was in the series
All a matter of opinion of course
Quote by Mangler_666
I agree, there were a few eps that scared me when i was younger, and i had trouble sleeping from them too. But now, the thing i love is the story, they're always interesting, and i love the conspiracies and things like that. But you are also correct, there wasn't a great deal of violence in the show.

I like their slightly funny episodes too...
Like the one about this monster dude in this some small hick town. It had a frankenstein sorta story and was in black and white.

Then there was the one about this giant mushroom which gave them hallucinations and was eating them. It had a pretty twisted story.
And the one where Moulder and Scully go to spend a night at this ghost house and the ghosts play mind tricks on them. That was another twisted story which was pretty cool!
Quote by Mangler_666
Lol, thats fair enough, by all means, go ahead and watch it
If you are looking for an entertaining movie, you might find it in the xfiles movie, however the sci-fi buffs, and xfiles fans probably won't get as much enjoyment out of it. I was even disappointed in Scully... she wasn't the same as she was in the series
All a matter of opinion of course

You talk as if you assume I'm not a huge fan of The Truth? I'm a huge, HEEEE-UUUUGE X-Files fan. I don't care if it's sh*t, to be honest. I just need some form of closure. The last episode was a huge cop-out in my eyes.
Quote by af_the_fragile
I like their slightly funny episodes too...
Like the one about this monster dude in this some small hick town. It had a frankenstein sorta story and was in black and white.

Then there was the one about this giant mushroom which gave them hallucinations and was eating them. It had a pretty twisted story.
And the one where Moulder and Scully go to spend a night at this ghost house and the ghosts play mind tricks on them. That was another twisted story which was pretty cool!

Wow, my memory isn't that good!! hahaha, i'm re-watching season 2 atm, (finished season 1 a few days ago) so gimme another cpl weeks to refresh the memory and finish watching the rest of the seasons
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You talk as if you assume I'm not a huge fan of The Truth? I'm a huge, HEEEE-UUUUGE X-Files fan. I don't care if it's sh*t, to be honest. I just need some form of closure. The last episode was a huge cop-out in my eyes.

i'm trying not to make any assumptions. I would call myself a fan of the show as well, however, I was unable to find closure in this film, i didn't feel like they answered any questions that were left open from the end of the last episode. But that was just my interpretation of the movie. I sincerely hope you can finally get the closure you want
Quote by Mangler_666
Wow, my memory isn't that good!! hahaha, i'm re-watching season 2 atm, (finished season 1 a few days ago) so gimme another cpl weeks to refresh the memory and finish watching the rest of the seasons

Aah, i just watch them on the FX channel every now an then...
I didn't watch much of it back then cuz i was a little too freaked out by that one episode i had watched.
So now i just watch the re-runs whenever i get time to and its on tv...
Quote by af_the_fragile
Aah, i just watch them on the FX channel every now an then...
I didn't watch much of it back then cuz i was a little too freaked out by that one episode i had watched.
So now i just watch the re-runs whenever i get time to and its on tv...

Ah ok then, i watched it when i was able to when it was originally on tv, and re-watched it a few yrs ago (2004-ish) so now re-watching it again. Havn't seen it on TV since it was originally on.
i absolutely love the tv series, but the movie just doesn't seem that interesting to me.

btw, gillian anderson is a mega babe.
Quote by DayTripper1967
i absolutely love the tv series, but the movie just doesn't seem that interesting to me.

I was hoping for more from the movie, I was hoping for it to be like the tv series, but it wasn't.

Quote by DayTripper1967
btw, gillian anderson is a mega babe.

She's not that good anymore, IMO
Quote by #1 synth
one word:

Xzibit.

is that good or bad? lol
his character is pretty chumpy, to say the least, thankfully he didn't get a lot of screen time
Quote by #1 synth
one word:

Xzibit.

That might actually be worth $7.50 then.
Totally agree TS. Just saw it, so ****

Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler

So crap. I thought X-zibit would have some cool little cameo but instead he was one of the main characters. Bad

It was too real, where the **** are the aliens?

Im not a fan of the series so I didn't understand what happened to mulders sister, why he got fired. I didn't know that moulder and scully were dating. This is not a standalone movie.

How can some hick immigrant from russia persuade a whole laboratory of scientists to work in his dingy dog kennel, for free, except for the fact that they get to cut up dead bodies.

And what the **** was with the part where the look at the pictures of bush and hoover and the xfiles music plays. wtf?

Those two can't act.

Save your time and money and don't see it
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I'm going to watch it, because it's the X Files and I need my Gillian Anderson fix. She's such a MILF.

I'm not alone, oh thank god I'm not alone.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Jericho114

But Gillian Anderson is fine! You sayin' I should seek help for that?

I still want to watch the film anyway
Rule number three: Never open the package

It's magic magic baby!

Yoink!