Page 1 of 2
I really really liked that series, anymore that follow that kind of storyline? so far i've got:

Rurouni Kenshin
Rozen Maiden
Last edited by Eric 666 at Jul 24, 2008,
I used to watch Rurouni Kenshin and Yu Yu Hakushow back in the day....i liked both of them... wow that was a while ago...
Bleach is good
i like naruto myself
reborn! is hilarious
one piece is pretty awesome as well
hellsing is nice as well but its reallly short only about 90 chapters areo ut so far
um saiyuki or some thing along those lines is about a world of demons and humans thats gone into choas and a gunslinger priest andthree demons have to save the world

edit it is called saiyuki so i was right
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
zomganime.com

A good place to watch anime at.
Most has english subtitles, some are dubbed in english.

I've never watched yu yu hakusho, but a good anime I would recommend to anyone is neon genesis evangelion.

If you post again giving a better description of a type of show you want, I can give a better recomendation, as I have seen 50+ anime series.
Bleach is similar, in a way. I just got back into the whole anime thing, after about 3 years of not watching any at all, and I'm a much more casual fan than I used to be, so I can't really help you much.
Quote by nyeguitarist
zomganime.com

A good place to watch anime at.
Most has english subtitles, some are dubbed in english.

I've never watched yu yu hakusho, but a good anime I would recommend to anyone is neon genesis evangelion.

If you post again giving a better description of a type of show you want, I can give a better recomendation, as I have seen 50+ anime series.

I've seen that one is great, but honestly, I want something like Yu Yu Hakusho with the whole teenager fighting demons and saying witty one liners and having a romance story on the other side type of thing, I dont really know how to describe it since I'm pretty new to this stuff.
i like anime but i would rahter read the manga, i use www.onemanga.com to read most of them (a few of the ones i want to read arent there or are suspended) but if you like psychopathic killer trying to purify the world try DeAtH NoTe its amazing
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
Quote by Eric 666
I've seen that one is great, but honestly, I want something like Yu Yu Hakusho with the whole teenager fighting demons and saying witty one liners and having a romance story on the other side type of thing, I dont really know how to describe it since I'm pretty new to this stuff.

ok do you have itunes?
if so go there and look in there funimation ection in tv showes then go to the viz media section in the production companies and tezuka productionms as well there are some goo animes in there for you to look into then go watch them
personally i would watch
Death Note
BLeach
Naruto
Speed Grapher
Trinity Blood
and Hellsing has a short lived show
and Trigun
oh and fullmetal alchemist
and a new one is Code Geass
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
History's strongest diciple Kenichi
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
It's not exactly like it, but I love this show; Case Closed (also known as Detective Conan).

It's about a teenage detective who gets turned into a little kid, and he still solves crimes but has to use his "guardian" as like.. his puppet. I dunno how to describe it, but it's a friggin' awesome show. It probably sounds crappy from the way I described it, but trust me, it's good.

EDIT: Also try to get Lupin The Third episodes. Awesome show :P.
Last edited by MyNameIsLame at Jul 24, 2008,
sweet, thanks for the really cool responses guys, I shall have a busy night, first up, Neon Genesis Evangelion!
i love yu yu hakusho. i keep trying to finish collecting the dvds one by one so far i have about 90 eps. dragonball z is probably the most similar one.
Quote by Eric 666

Bleach dude. For all intents and purposes its Yu Yu Hakusho with talking stuffed animals.
its 1:56 am and i just ate 6 chocolate chip cookies in not even near as many minutes
Kenshin > most anime.

DBZ Was ALOT like YuYu Hakusho

Shaman King was GREAT ( The manga)
Yu-Gi-Oh (NOT THE TV. The ORIGINAL Manga. Trust me on this.) Was AWESOME
Theres more.

EDIT: Bleach sucked.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by Kai07
Theres more.

Started it the other day, the art reminds me of jelly molds, otherwise it's looking awesome xD
Quote by Kai07
Kenshin > most anime.

Theres more.

Lol, you like DBZ. And it really is a yu yu rip-off, which is exactly what he's looking for.
its 1:56 am and i just ate 6 chocolate chip cookies in not even near as many minutes
Although quite different from Yu Yu Hakusho, I would still check out Cowboy Bebop.
Okay.
Gungrave
Hellsing
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Trigun (and Trigun:Maximum manga)

Deathnote had a s**t ending if I might add. other then that, you /might/ like it.

ANOTHEREDIT: I Like DBZ yes, but its not a YuYu ripoff. =/ they released around the same time.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
Quote by Kai07
Kenshin > most anime.

Theres more.

The dubbed version of Shaman King is pretty bad, but the japanese/english subtitles is pretty entertaining. Also, BLEACH isn't bad, it just has a lot of fillers that probably bore some people.

TS, you should give Samurai Champloo a chance, it's not really like YuYu Hakusho, but it's really entertaining.

Quote by Kai07
Deathnote had a s**t ending if I might add. other then that, you /might/ like it.
time.

It didn't just have a shit ending, the show was so farfetched(Even for an anime about death gods) and watered down after Melo and Near were introduced.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Last edited by shut_up_n00b at Jul 24, 2008,
Quote by Kai07
Okay.
Gungrave
Hellsing
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Trigun (and Trigun:Maximum manga)

ANOTHEREDIT: I Like DBZ yes, but its not a YuYu ripoff. =/ they released around the same time.

I was referring to Bleach as the ripoff.

And how could I forget the Bebop? That's the best anime series ever
Dragon Ball(Z/GT)?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hHKUPUGZgOE

Great example of the show right there.

Edit: What is this Reborn! I hear of?
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
oh and i forgot about the anime Tokko.

It is centered around fighting demons, it was a pretty good series.
I watched it when it was aired on the scifi channel.

On a completly different topic, Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad is a cool anime about a teenager learning to play guitar and getting into a band with some older dudes.
No demons in this one, pretty cool story though.

Edit: Does anyone want the list of all/most of the anime I have seen posted up?
Last edited by nyeguitarist at Jul 24, 2008,
Seriously though, if you're not totally convinced to check it out then watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADSnAR0NI98&feature=related

I liked the other one better but it has it moments. Other than this I have to tell you a good show is...........Pokemon! or Trigun (liked that show a lot but it had like 26 episodes so it was pretty short).
Quote by bizkitday4eva

I've seen Dragonball, GT, and Z all in the past 3 weeks, I wish the series wouldn't have ended it was really good.
Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Naruto, Outlaw Star, Trigun, Original Gundam.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Quote by swordsrkewl
Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Naruto, Outlaw Star, Trigun, Original Gundam.

I've been trying to find it to watch it online for months now, the only ones I can find are 00, and Wing.
Quote by Eric 666
I've seen Dragonball, GT, and Z all in the past 3 weeks, I wish the series wouldn't have ended it was really good.

They had to rush GT and give it a different ending since it was gonna get canceled. Hated the endings for each series though, gar. But I like DB and DBZ a lot though, they were pretty cool and TS should check them out.
Quote by bizkitday4eva

Inuyasha...

only animes i like and that i don't think are extremely lame are pokemon, yu-gi-oh, dbz and fukin beyblade! LET IT RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!!!!!!!!!
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
If you liked the "detective" aspect of Yu Yu Hakusho (not that being a spirit detective is so much investigation rather than punching things much bigger than you), you might like Detective Conan.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Page 1 of 2