This is the new SG i got recently, should be ariving next week. I thought it was a good deal. I didnt have much to spend on it since it was a gift for graduating basicly. so it was free. and a snap at £300 i think. Considering the Price of EMG pups alone, the sort of hardware its packing and the quilted maple... awesome tone machine. Yeah its an Epi but so what, i mean ive been playing a 14 year old LP standard goldtop for the last 3 years, not bad considering the price.

what do you guys think ?

i play general metal, rock, alot of heavyer tones and drops. next thing on the list is amps.

one thing i thought id mention having the same set up for the last 3 years, and it not beign the best one at that, is that you CAN get a decent tone out of an MT-2 haha

thanks

Quote by Mega Tech
This is the new SG i got recently, should be ariving next week. I thought it was a good deal. I didnt have much to spend on it since it was a gift for graduating basicly. so it was free. and a snap at £300 i think. Considering the Price of EMG pups alone, the sort of hardware its packing and the quilted maple... awesome tone machine. Yeah its an Epi but so what, i mean ive been playing a 14 year old LP standard goldtop for the last 3 years, not bad considering the price.

what do you guys think ?

i play general metal, rock, alot of heavyer tones and drops. next thing on the list is amps.

one thing i thought id mention having the same set up for the last 3 years, and it not beign the best one at that, is that you CAN get a decent tone out of an MT-2 haha

thanks

*fixed*

Very nice. Congrats!

Killer guitar. I tried one, and wish I had one myself.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Nice and for £300 its a decent deal and if anyone says get a gibson, then show them the door =)

UG Mods really have no sense of humour.....

You say playing an LP Goldtop, like it's a bad thing. But yeah i've always liked sg's, nice purchase man.
yeah the goldtop wasnt bad hehe, didnt have P90's (why do i still think of submachine guns when ever i see P90?) anyway, its pretty nakard now, need rewireing and new pickups, tuners the works, was gonna cost mroe than £300 was gonan stick bareknuckle nail bombs in it. this looked like a better investment. still might get the LP done at a later date tho, or do it myself XD. My name aint mega tech for nothing lol.
Quote by Mega Tech
(why do i still think of submachine guns when ever i see P90?)

too much COD 4

nice guitar and u can't go wrong with some EMGS
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
LOL maybe to much time at the gun clubs...meh and yeah cod4 XD LMFAO

u know its actualy an assualt rifle, the americans called it a sub coz they gave it to there fly boys to replace mp5's. its just smaller lol

and its a belgan designed gun...its not really got anything to do with subs or americans...

ultimate guns anyone ?
I personally prefer flamed maple to quilted, and an ebony fretboard to rosewood (especially on a black guitar),

but other than that, it looks pretty sweet.
Nice dude, I was about to pull the trigger on one a while back, but I realized I don't play enough metal for EMGs

Edit: One of the features that was really attractive to me was the pearl knobs.
I tried one at GC last weekend. The neck felt... weird. It's not smooth enough on the back. Although, I love everything else about it.
U-G Profile

Gear:
Seagull S Series Acoustic
Ibanez RG2EX1
DigiTech Grunge Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
DigiTech Hardwire Series TL-2 Metal Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
1980 Fender Vibro Champ (Weber Speaker, 6L6)
i have a epi sg as of now but the standard pups sound like **** and i wanna get some pups put in. Tell me how it sounds when u get it i dont know if its worth it to put emgs in a $400 guitar.
I have to say, I played Epiphone SGs, and I've played a Gibson SG Firebrand and I have to say I don't like how they play or feel, but congrats though, I bet it'll sound killer with those EMGs.
RULE BRITANNIA
That was the smallest pic you could find???
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown
... ive seen a dog do that once, he was trying to lick his nuts and farted real loud on his face....it sounded like a human fart. now he looks like he has down syndrome for some reason.

They seem like excellent guitars for the money.

Where in England are you? IF you really don't like that Goldtop maybe I could help you out :P
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Lovely guitar, im saving up to buy the LP version.
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.