Hi all. I'm new on UG. I've been on here for years but never was a member, but I have a question, so I figured it'd be a good time to join. So anyways, like a lot of us, I love to refinish guitars. However, I've started a strat project and I can't seem to decide what color to paint it. It has a black pick guard, black headstock, rosewood fingerboard, flat-mounted Floyd Rose, and all chrome hardware including humbuckers. I want to paint it a heavy metallic color. No translucents, bursts, yellows, oranges, pinks, blacks, or purples. I want a color I don't already have. But I can't seem to decide what looks good with black and chrome. I've had a few people say a dark grape wine red, and some said blue and others said green. I'm open to any ideas. Also, I wouldn't mind having it fabric covered, but I couldn't imagine what fabric would look good. If anyone has like an enormous archive of nice paint jobs (besides the obvious archives) specifically ones with Strats, that would be very helpfully.

So let me have your ideas!
Thanks!
Gear:
-Mesa Dual Rectifier (3 Channel) with KT88 and KT66 Tubes
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Ibanez Tone Blaster TBX150H
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13
Chrome
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
How about a five color see through burst? It'll go from black to purple to pink to orange to yellow.
That'll be rad.
jump on the evh train!

KIDDING!

a nice orange would be cool
2005 MIA Fender Telecaster
Dunlop Hendrix Wah Sig.
Ibanez T-808
Fulltone OCD
Big Muff Pi w/Tone Wicker
Fulltone Mini DejaVibe
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Sagrado Poblano Boost
50W Kustom Defender
The original poster is an example of a non-retarded 08er.

Good job!

What I would recommend is a swirl job! Those look incredibly awesome. Maybe vibrant green with green and black?
Well, so far I have chrome and green as an option. If you guys would have read the whole post you'd see that I didn't want bursts or purple. I can't do a burst without air brushing, and I already have a purple guitar. It seems like you guys are intentionally giving me bull**** answers.

"How about a five color see through burst? It'll go from black to purple to pink to orange to yellow.
That'll be rad."

Right there you pretty much named everything I said I didn't want. Give me a break, I'm serious. Give me some ideas please!

P.S. Thank you Injected, I assume you probably get a lot stupid newbies here.
Gear:
-Mesa Dual Rectifier (3 Channel) with KT88 and KT66 Tubes
-Peavey 6505+
-Roland JC120
-Ibanez Tone Blaster TBX150H
-Mesa 4x12 Straight Cab
-Marshall 1960BV
-Gibson Les Paul Custom
-Gibson Flying V
-Line 6 M13
Last edited by xXBansheeXx at Jul 24, 2008,