I mostly just put my effects in the front end so why do I need an fx loop...I don't even know how to use it...
some effects sound better in the effects loop, like chorus and delay and **** like that

ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKK
You can put yer effecks in it!

JK well, not really. FX loops are almost always between the preamp and the power amp. It's a great place to put modulation effects such as reverb, flange, phase, chorus and some others that often sound like crap if placed before a heavily driven preamp.
Modulation effects like chorus and delay sound nicer in the loop. By avoiding the pre-amp stage, the effect "does it's thing" to the pre-amped signal, and then it's only amplified once. The result is a much cleaner, clearer effect.

Effects like boost, OD, distortion, and wah are better off in front of the amp, where the interaction with the pre-amp is critical to their sound. So it depends on what you're running, too.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Oh...well I've only used wah and overdrive in front of the amp. I imagine that delay would be nicer in the loop. Thanks!
I know that my delay pedal HAS to be in the FX loop on my 6505 just because if I don't it sounds like utter ****. After about 15 seconds I end up just having a loud buzzing feedback, where as when it is in the FX loop, it sounds great, and works perfectly! So you may not need an FX loop, but if you have one on your amp, you'll probably find you get better tone from you're "color" effects in it. (excluding wah, which almost never go in the FX loops)
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
i tried the fx from my zoom recorder, and all of the effects sound great in front of the amp. In the loop, the delay sounds horrible and starts feedback no matter if i'm playing or not, chorus is practically not there, phasing is just noisy, flang sounds pointless, etc etc. However, through the front end, even heavily distorted, it sounds better.

Is this odd? I thought the effects loop helped delays and whatnot sound better?
^^Yes thats the way it's "supposed to work," but in the end, DO WHAT SOUNDS BEST! Don't over think things for the sake of thinking about them, try them out in different positions and stick with what works out best.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C