Page 1 of 3
I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon and say I hate rap, I don't really listen to it but I'll respect what my friends listen to too.. I was just wondering what you guys thought about this. When I'm working out I'll need something with a HUGE riff my favorite when I'm running thats coming to mind right now is the intro to "Don't Stay" by Linkin Park just makes me run faster.

Theres something about rap though, the beats I dunno, helps more when working out. Even though I don't listen to it when I'm at home, but I have no problem with it. Anyone else think rap is nice to work out to?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
No I was separating something with a huge riff such as that song with the first paragraph, and then talking about rap.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

rap is amazing even if you don't work out
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Quote by master
Seriously? Another Rap thread?

Seriously ? Yeah

I was inquiring about the influence of rap on the body when strenuous work is in session.

Quote by PearlJames
Linkin Park is rap?

its like a rapcore kinda thing, rage against the machine gone metal if you will
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Thank god TS posted this thread, or I would have continued to go on thinking "all" rap was garbage, and never give any of it a chance. But now that I know Linkin Park is out writing wicked rap beats, I'll have to give in and give it another chance.

Thank you TS for influencing my life, and opening me up to this great genre.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
no i cant stand rap.
its mostly cause of their voices and lyrics though. i find it disgusting to listen to the most gangster sounding nasty dude rapping about ****ing black women with huge asses.

the only rap stuff that i can somewhat stand is Eminem, MIA, The Flobots, stuff like that...
yeah, white guys with guitars singing about girls with huge asses is MUCH more acceptable and pleasing to the ears.
Quote by tr3nt
Seriously ? Yeah

I was inquiring about the influence of rap on the body when strenuous work is in session.

It doesn't matter what the point of the thread was. It will end up in an endless argument about whether rap is good or bad and how people should be open-minded, just like every other rap thread on UG.

EDIT: ^^See?? It already started!

But to stay on topic, rap doesn't help me work out harder. At least not when doing cardio.
did anyone else think that the
"you can't spell Guylee without UGLY

oh snap"

thing was funny as hell?
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
I like some rap. Like Insane Clown Posse, Boondox, Twiztid and Blaze Ya Dead Homie.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
There is plenty of rap out there that is excellent and does not reference ****ing black women with huge asses, but instead critisizes that kind of ****.

check out atmosphere, MF Doom, Cunninglynguists, Lupe fiasco, just to name a few. All of those artists are poets.

Oh, and sure, it is great for working out . . .
haha
Rap threads in UG are the funniest things ever. I love reading posts from ridiculously closed minded people, talking about how "you can't spell 'crap' without 'rap'."

Seriously. People open your minds and stop being so ignorant.
If anyone actually wants to do this, listen to

Wu-Tang Clan - 36 Chambers
and
Nas - Illmatic

for starters. They are both equally amazing.
Nope. I like underground rap like Tupac and Public Enemy.

Please stop making these threads.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by master
It doesn't matter what the point of the thread was. It will end up in an endless argument about whether rap is good or bad and how people should be open-minded, just like every other rap thread on UG.

I see that now.. I'll head over to the bodybuilding and general nutrition thread.

Mainstream 'rap' isn't to good.

Now the other stuff, and the old stuff is where it's at.
LARGE TEXT
oh
and Flight of The Concords

they have some rap stuff....

kinda
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
there's only one thing i listen to when i work out....

JUSTICE!!!1!
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
u guys should shut up cuz it dont matter wat music u listen to i listen brutal metal and rap like snoop or public enemy
Quote by phoenix_88
yeah, white guys with guitars singing about girls with huge asses is MUCH more acceptable and pleasing to the ears.

their voices are much more pleasing.
id much much rather listen to freddie mercury sing fat bottom girls than some gangster ass mother****er with a nasty voice telling girls to shake their ass, and let him taste their pussy.
its just more disgusting in general.

i dont get why if you dont listen to rap, youre automatically closed minded.
justice is good for working out...
if your doing pilates with other gay french men
k_z
'
'
'
'
you forgets teh flush....yah dig
...so you know Country is just family appropiated rap right?

Rap: I ****ed my bitch and jacked her ride

also,
Quote by xrawrockkillsx

i dont get why if you dont listen to rap, youre automatically closed minded.

Its not that, its more of ppl constantly bashing rap cause they dont like it,
I wouldnt think your close minded at all, friend.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Quote by fretking666
u guys should shut up cuz it dont matter wat music u listen to i listen brutal metal and rap like snoop or public enemy

"You guys should shut up because it does not matter what music you listen to. I listen to brutal metal and rap like Snoop and Public Enemy. I also enjoy having a 12-inch penis shoved into my anus daily." - fretking666

There i fixed it for you now you don't look so ignant! glad i could help
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Quote by Rojam

Another is in order.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Quote by patrickrh
"You guys should shut up because it does not matter what music you listen to. I listen to brutal metal and rap like Snoop and Public Enemy. I also enjoy having a 12-inch penis shoved into my anus daily." - fretking666

There i fixed it for you now you don't look so ignant! glad i could help

Oh the irony.

I P R O G

Anthrax and Public Enemy. If you don't enjoy that you're a f*cking nutter.

TURN IT UP! BRING THE NOISE!!!!!
Quote by Rojam

also,

Its not that, its more of ppl constantly bashing rap cause they dont like it,
I wouldnt think your close minded at all, friend.

hahaha

good job

it was really MAJOR of you Rojam

....get it?
Quote by ShaunDiel
Quote by MetalGS3SE
Oh the irony.

i'm pretty sure he did that on purpose mang

soowoopp
k_z
'
'
'
'
you forgets teh flush....yah dig
Quote by MetalGS3SE
Oh the irony.

uh not really buddy... I was just throwing in a Malibu's Most Wanted quote. You know... when the guy who is running for senate or whatever talks to the black gang leader guy and he's like "whachu think we ignant or something cause we live in the hood?".

so nah, it's not really ironic. i was mocking him.

pwned. but jk metalGS3SE i <3 you
Quote by patrickrh
uh not really buddy... I was just throwing in a Malibu's Most Wanted quote. You know... when the guy who is running for senate or whatever talks to the black gang leader guy and he's like "whachu think we ignant or something cause we live in the hood?".

so nah, it's not really ironic. i was mocking him.

pwned. but jk metalGS3SE i <3 you

If I had room I'd sig that.

I P R O G

Page 1 of 3