Yeah, I just got a 8GB memory stick for putting games on to take to different computers, and whenever I try to put a large file on it (In my case, the acquired *cough cough* version of Crysis). The .RAR of game itself is 6.03 GB, so fitting it on there should be no problem, right? Well, every time I try to move Crysis to my memory stick, my computer says that "the file is too large for the destination file system", so how can I fix this?

Oh yeah, smaller files go on the memory stick just fine, but larger files won't for some odd reason.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
Ok,

I'm assuming your version came in an ISO file, and upon extracting it you found a setup.exe or something like that.

Anyways, just run the installation, and choose to have it installed on the USB drive.

That way, you don't have to install it on every computer you use.

that's the way I played tetris on all the computers back in high school ,anyways.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
just because its advertised as 8 gigs doesnt mean it will fit a whole 8 gigs. plus, the user interface takes up SOME space. even so, 6 should be able to fit fine. make sure that theres nothing else on it.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by TK1
just because its advertised as 8 gigs doesnt mean it will fit a whole 8 gigs. plus, the user interface takes up SOME space. even so, 6 should be able to fit fine. make sure that theres nothing else on it.

Yeah, i just formatted it, but nothing changed, so I think that I'll try yurfinlfntsy's advice.

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
Installing to the stick may not work as Crysis has it's main program folder along with another folder in your documents, not to mention registry entries. I know older games would work fine like that, but I'm not sure how well anything half-recent would do.
if its a .rar then its compressed so it might be packing more than 6 gigs
In Thirteen Seconds
It's been thirteen seconds
since you all last said
i've become the apparition
You predicted for my death

Myspace
Quote by dark&broken
Installing to the stick may not work as Crysis has it's main program folder along with another folder in your documents, not to mention registry entries. I know older games would work fine like that, but I'm not sure how well anything half-recent would do.

He's right,it probably would run off of the flash drive but it wouldnt work on any other pc without the correct registry values.
Quote by Aaron the 4th
if its a .rar then its compressed so it might be packing more than 6 gigs

But, but, but, it says that it's 6 gigs.

Quote by Baa I'm a Sheep
He's right,it probably would run off of the flash drive but it wouldnt work on any other pc without the correct registry values.

Yeah, I really want this thing to work on another computer, so if I can't copy the .RAR file, should I just go and get a bigger flash drive?

Quote by solidgay

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
Quote by Baa I'm a Sheep

In addition, playing it off of the stick would mean that you have to deal with USB 2.0 data rates...
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by black007hawk2
But, but, but, it says that it's 6 gigs.

Yeah, I really want this thing to work on another computer, so if I can't copy the .RAR file, should I just go and get a bigger flash drive?

Why don't you just burn the ISO to a dvd, then you can install the game to any computer you want.
Quote by dark&broken
Why don't you just burn the ISO to a dvd, then you can install the game to any computer you want.

DVD's have a 4.7 gig capacity, it's too small.

Quote by solidgay

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
Oh right, I guess that I'm wrong. The only size that I've seen is 4.7.

Quote by solidgay

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth