its not good for anything, can you get something better?
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
It's not too good, I've played one before and I say: just get a Yamaha.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Ok just wandering. My mom bought it for me like a year ago. I never had any experience with it and she just bought it. I hate it. My epiphone Les Paul Special was better.
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

It came out like 2 weeks ago

We all saw it

We all pointed and laughed

We all secretly wished we could afford it
What specifically do you hate about it though? If it's the way it plays you need a different guitar... But if it's the way it sounds or that it goes out of tune, etc, those things can be greatly improved with hardware upgrades.

Not to be a salesman or anything here but I recommend Wilkinson Tuners & GFS pickups as they are cheap and of comparable quality to even the best (I've played with GFS pickups that are seriously just a hair away from basically being straight up Gibson USA pickups, and not ****ty ones that they throw in they're $800 models: I'm talking Burstbucker Pros here).

http://store.guitarfetish.com/

The other benefit (of course) is that they're fairly cheap and if you can use a soldering iron it's a cakewalk to do it yourself rather than pay someone.

If you hate the way it plays I recommend you go play guitars at your local shops until you find one that you love the feel of. Nothing else really matters all that much: if the woods are decent (no plywood) and the guitar feels right you can upgrade the rest later.
Last edited by RadioMuse at Jul 24, 2008,
It just feels odd... The neck is really awkward feeling. Tuning is crap also....
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

We all saw it

I know what you mean by that though. I seriously couldn't stand the feel of the Ibanez GXs I've played.

A better alternative in that price range is Agile (sold on http://www.rondomusic.com/) or ESP. Yamaha's play well but need serious upgrades to the electronics to be competitive (though I'm all for that), Jacksons just plain suck, etc. I guess I wouldn't count out Epiphone or Squire though. Believe it or not a Squire standard series strat or tele is actually quite decent and with a pickup change can really scream. Same goes for many of the lower end Epis...

The problem with Agile is that you're taking a risk buying online. My understanding (I know a few people who've played them: universally impressed) is that if you're not happy just mail it back for a full refund... Though you might lose the shipping and handling in that deal (which is often free anyway).
sorry to steal your thread here TS, but to radiomuse which GFS pups have you had experience with?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Quote by hell_monkey
sorry to steal your thread here TS, but to radiomuse which GFS pups have you had experience with?

Don't worry. as long as you don't mind if I steal your car and drive it off a bridge!
Fender Frontman 212
Epiphone G-400!
Fender Strat MIM
Zoom G2

Quote by HighPotency
dude... search bar

We all saw it

GFS Alnico Fat PAF covered (Gold in this case but it shouldn't matter).

It really gets the harmonic response like the Gibson pickups... Not quite as much sustain, not as responsive to tone controls and a bit brighter, but when you consider the price difference it's a bad joke.

I have a fat strat with Lace Sensors in it I'd put GFS pickups in if I was to do it again (I've come to like the dark tones from my Red Sensors, but still).
Erm, not to sound dickish, but why would you make a thread about a guitar you already have? Couldn't you just play it since you already got it?

But I agree that you should save up. Ibanez Gio series is lower end guitars, so you probably want to save for something better. And I don't like that style neck either. I have a Ibanez GRX40, which is the same kind of neck, and I think it feels like poopoo.
Saint Louis Blues