have any of u dudes seen that movie once? or heard glen hanards of Markéta Irglová music...cuz i think its awesome...if u havent, you should check it out...if you have discuss...heres ona the songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPwXsQe87e4
Last edited by Guitarfreak217 at Jul 24, 2008,
what's it about?
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
I've seen lots of movies just once. Hell, I've seen movies two, three, even four times.

Anyway, what's this movie about?
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
its pretty indie...but those two people made it and its about them meeting and making some music together but then he has to leave to like london...it sounds kinda lame but it was really awesome...plus im terrible at discribing it so illtryto find something later...jsut saw it last night
It's actually a very good movie. I recommend it. :]

[[ Don't you ever, ever, ever trust my mercy. ]]
An (unnamed) Guy is a Dublin guitarist/singer-songwriter who makes a living by fixing vacuum cleaners in his Dad's Hoover repair shop by day, and singing and playing for money on the Dublin streets by night. An (unnamed) Girl is a Czech who plays piano when she gets a chance, and does odd jobs by day and takes care of her mom and her daughter by night. Guy meets Girl, and they get to know each other as the Girl helps the Guy to put together a demo disc that he can take to London in hope of landing a music contract. During the same several day period, the Guy and the Girl work through their past loves, and reveal their budding love for one another, through their songs.

^^^that^^^
I LOVE that movie

the soundtrack is pretty incredible

Unlike most musicals the musicians are not "perfect" but they are very good, and very real.

its an awkward and quirky love story about a bunch of people with thick accents, haha.

I suggest people should at least give it a shot
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
They actually won an oscar if I recall correctly. Rather intriguing show to say the least. Falling slowly is such a beautiful song. And quite a bitch to pull off at the chorus
HI GUYS!
Quote by richiemokkiez
They actually won an oscar if I recall correctly. Rather intriguing show to say the least. Falling slowly is such a beautiful song. And quite a bitch to pull off at the chorus

I can do it... I usually end up straining my voice on the next song I play after it so yeah that isn't too good.
Great film and the music was fantastic. I especially like the song that Marketa Irglova plays in the studio alone in the dark.
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
It's an ok Movie. Would've been better with a different female lead imo.
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
My local music store is in that film

Pretty cool, huh?
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
yeah that movie owns... the soundtrack is amazing too.
member of The Yes Club
member of the Ten Years After Club
member of the Allman Brothers Club
member of Zeppelinism
PM TheHeartbreaker to join

member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club
PM deadhead313313

member of the Queen Fanclub!
PM Hanzi_G
What a fantastic movie, with great music.

I love it
My God, it's full of stars!
It's a great movie, and it had a really low budget too. It was like $100,000 or something.