i am getting a pignose tube amp pretty soon and i heard that if they get bumped they will not work very well and its hard to transport them. and i need to transport mine like 2 times a week for band practice. so can anyone give me any tips on how to transport them and how to care for them?
Is that a problem with that specific amp, or are you saying all tube amps are that way?

If you mean tube amps in general, that's just not the case. Mine handles travel very well. Just don't jar it around while the tubes are still warm, and don't be TO rough on it, and it'll be fine.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Is that a problem with that specific amp, or are you saying all tube amps are that way?

If you mean tube amps in general, that's just not the case. Mine handles travel very well. Just don't jar it around while the tubes are still warm, and don't be TO rough on it, and it'll be fine.

im speakin in general. this pig nose is pretty durable though. i just need to know how to know if the tubes are warm and if its ok to leave it on it side or something.
Well, after you turn it off, just give it a few minutes before you start jerking it around and such. And leaving it on its side should be fine as long as it's relatively sturdy like that. I mean, you don't want to jar the amp around to much, but what it should endure in your basic car trip will be perfectly fine.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by TNfootballfan62
Well, after you turn it off, just give it a few minutes before you start jerking it around and such. And leaving it on its side should be fine as long as it's relatively sturdy like that. I mean, you don't want to jar the amp around to much, but what it should endure in your basic car trip will be perfectly fine.

ok sweet. ya its pretty sturdy and very loud for a 60 watt
60 watt tube amps are just ridiculously loud. That's a fact of life.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Anything over 30 watts is ridiculously loud

To the OP, traveling is fine as long as you treat it like you treat your guitar, which you should do for any amp. Just make sure to put it on it's back or front so it doesn't fall over while you're turning and go through your car window.
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
Back in the old days we used to haul tube amps, cabs, PA gear and guitars around in the back of an old pickup... they're not as fragile as you think. Otherwise giggin' and tourin' would be a nightmare.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!