Hey all, I used to play bass in a few different bands and had my gear stolen from me a few years ago, and was so devastated I stopped playing altogether. Recently though I have picked back up the guitar and been playing quite a bit lately (mainly on my acoustic). But anyways I guess to get down to the point, I'm looking for another bass guitar, so I can re-unite with a few people I used to play music with. I'm looking for something that can give me a good Classic Rock/Blues sound but also be able to give me the sound of the 90's alternative rock scene as well. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Whatkind of bass did you play before?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by BassCam
Hey all, I used to play bass in a few different bands and had my gear stolen from me a few years ago, and was so devastated I stopped playing altogether. Recently though I have picked back up the guitar and been playing quite a bit lately (mainly on my acoustic). But anyways I guess to get down to the point, I'm looking for another bass guitar, so I can re-unite with a few people I used to play music with. I'm looking for something that can give me a good Classic Rock/Blues sound but also be able to give me the sound of the 90's alternative rock scene as well. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I'd personally go with Fender Precision/Jazz basses. The squier's are good if you haven't got the money for a fender.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
i agree in getting a fender/precision

if your wanting a squire go for the vintage modifed jazz bass, i think thats probably best for the money. I started with a squire jazz bass (standard) and i went from that to my usa - there honnest instruments that do the job