So right now I'm using a DigiTech Death Metal (don't knock it because I actually like it!) when I play modern high gain metal. But when I go to play some classic metal (Early 80's i.e. Metallica, Maiden, Slayer, etc) the pedal is just way too much for it - it would be awesome if the idiots at DigiTech would have put a "gain" knob on the pedal lol.

Anyway, I'm looking for something that would be able to give me a nice metal tone and I would like some suggestions.
Classic metal is a very marshall sounding tone with lots of mids. Try an MI Audio Crunchbox if you wanna use a pedal for that kinda stuff. It's marshall high gain
Quote by sg4ever
Classic metal is a very marshall sounding tone with lots of mids. Try an MI Audio Crunchbox if you wanna use a pedal for that kinda stuff. It's marshall high gain

+1.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by sg4ever

+2, very cool little pedal.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Alright thanks. I will definitely have to try one out. If I can get something that can cover that kinda stuff then I will be set.
Oh I forgot to mention... I play through an Ashdown Fallen Angel head... well for my dirty channel anyway. A lot of people have actually never heard of Ashdown, let alone played one... Its got that really nice "classic British" crunch - great for old rock like Zeppelin, Ac/Dc, even some early Sabbath - anything heavier though and the amp doesn't have enough bite.

Just thought I would give a description of it in case that helps anyone make any other decisions on a good pedal.
In that case, you might just prefer an overdrive pedal to boost the gain on that channel.
Quote by sg4ever
In that case, you might just prefer an overdrive pedal to boost the gain on that channel.

Well I feel like a total idiot because I'll will be the first one to jump onto someone's case about not posting their current gear when they are looking for something to shape their tone and now I'm guilty of doing the same thing.

But I know Metallica used a Boss Super Distortion on Kill Em All so you're thoughts about the Crunch Box may not be too far off...

I mean I feel like a total noob here because I've been playing for almost 6 years and I really don't know anything about overdrive pedals or anything along those lines.
yeah, sg4ever makes a good point, if you like the sound of your amp's lead ch, and just want more bite, an OD set as a "clean boost" works great. Keep the OD on the pedal off, balance/level above 2:00, and tone to taste. Adds some bite and tightens up the lowend for a more modern sound.

I think you can use the Crunch Box in a similar fashion however if you wanted to.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Well I will try the Crunch Box out. Like I said I really don't know anything about OD pedals. But I really do appreciate all of your help!