What would be better for a gibson flying V that already has a 500T in it, the stock 496R or SH-2? I love the sound of my amp but 500T and the 496R just arent right. Its kinda muddy. So would a SH-2 and Sh-6 work? What other SD or Dimarzio combo would make this guitar sound amazing. Gibson pickups just arent for me obviously.
Last edited by ravenrage07 at Aug 27, 2008,
style of music and type of tone your trying to get? would be helpful
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
The style of music is based around Malmsteen, Gilbert, Metallica, Megadeth, Children of Bodom, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Joe Stump, you know stuff like that. Mostly the sound i'm going for is a guitar pickups that can do high gain, but not overly high gain. I already know I want the SH-6 and SH-2 because I have it in my warlock and it sounds soooo clear! But the 500T and 496R are just kinda unclear and muddy at times with high gain. Its like they tried to make the pickups 2 damn hot! So for this kind of thing would the Sh-2N and SH-6B be right for the V's mahogany body, mahogany neck, and ebony fretboard? Or would it be too warm and bassy? I dont want alot of twang, i want alot of low end, and midrange. High range does matter because of solos but I dont want a pickup thats gonna make it sound really trebley and thin. So how would this combo work out? My amp sounds great with the Sh-6 and Sh-2 in the crappy ass agathis body of the warlock.