so i got bored and i picked up my bass players bass and was jamming (he left it here after practice) then all the sudden i break the low e string, ****. we have a show tomorrow, he's gonna kick my ass. have any of you guys ever pulled some dumbass falm palm moments such as this?
Quote by Ross724
whats harder than nailing a dead baby to a tree

nailing a live baby to a dog
Who here's got a solution to this?
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Clicked on this thread!

Just restring it man.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
hmmm this is a hard one.................uuummmmmmmmmmm...........................................................................................................................................................................................................buy a new string
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Emus. Seriously, no bird should be that big.

Quote by CFH82
Long story short, I had a dream I fu**ed a horse.

Rise up
We are revolutionaries
Viva la revolución
Oh sh*t, the string broke!?!?!?! WHAT TO DO.

..get a pack of Markley's in the wee hours of the a.m. and put on a new string.. a thread for this, please man..
you really do have time to buy a new string. In fact iill be surprised if he does not have a spare.
dont do anything. hes the bass player it doesnt matter either way
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

During practice once, my bass player was trying to act cool and headbang and I hit him in the face with sharp head of my washburn (accident maybe). Theres still a tiny bit of blood in my guitar, I think its kinda cool
Buy him some new strings and tell him ASAP, worst case is when he changes strings right before the gig and they loosen during the show because there not broken in yet

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
bass players are uneeded just get him to beatbox in the background

boom boom chicka chicka
In Thirteen Seconds
It's been thirteen seconds
since you all last said
i've become the apparition
You predicted for my death

Myspace
ok heres what to do, soder it back together and when he uses it again, it'll break and the blame is on him.

j.k. the answer is pretty obvious now
how do u break a low e sting on a bass? those things are like 1/4 inch steel :S

but just buy a new string
He should thank you for breaking it now instead of letting him break it at the show!

see,
you helped him out!
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Ouch,you broke a bass string?Was it painful?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
the nearest store i can get strings at opens at like 5 and the shows at 7, how much are strings anyway?
Quote by Ross724
whats harder than nailing a dead baby to a tree

nailing a live baby to a dog
Just get him drunk and let him use 3 strings, it won't matter. Hell I have no strings on my guitar, but when I am jacked up on smack it don't matter, I'm like ****ing Hendrix.
Quote by K_Parker
Just get him drunk and let him use 3 strings, it won't matter. Hell I have no strings on my guitar, but when I am jacked up on smack it don't matter, I'm like ****ing Hendrix.

:dood may i sig you?
just tune all the other strings down 5 steps. whens the last time ur bassist even used the g string anyways? the only time i get my hands on the g string is if im playing blink 182 intros, or when I'm *insert funny thong story here* (sory i have no actual stories on real g strings to add to make my post mildly amusing)
Quote by cire sirrah
have any of you guys ever pulled some dumbass falm palm moments such as this?

Yeah, one time I said ''falm palm,'' which doesn't mean anything at all, even on the internet.
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
just tune all the other strings down 5 steps. whens the last time ur bassist even used the g string anyways? the only time i get my hands on the g string is if im playing blink 182 intros, or when I'm *insert funny thong story here* (sory i have no actual stories on real g strings to add to make my post mildly amusing)

yuck. I can imagine tuning strings down that much would sound pretty bad. And personally, as a bassist, I use the G-string nearly as much as the E-string. Heck, in alot of situations I use it more.
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.