Page 1 of 3
Hey Guys, I guess I kinda got hooked on being in an online band and wanted to see if I could front my own created band.

I'm taking lead vocals, I could use 1-3 guitarists, a bassist, and a skilled drummer. (Additional percussion and keyboard is a maybe).

Please have music on your profile or a youtube account with your music before asking to join

Thanks!
Just remember, at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box
I'd let the members individually pick songs that they enjoy for covers until we get our own sound. I personally enjoy alternative, prog, and classic rock.
well if you feel like giving it a shot, just tell me. You play some damn good guitar
well, I'm no virtuoso, but I'm not too bad, but I'd be all for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbHbs1pMhrw Me Jamming with one of my uncle's band (I'm the kid on the left)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO2F-9R140c (I'm a little cold here, get's better by the end though haha)

Some softer songwriting stuff (I wear I sing better now, some of this is fairly old)

www.myspace.com/myownthing92
Current Rig>>Jackson Phil Collin Signature Guitar/Ibanez Artcore>>>Modded Dunlop Crybaby>>>TS-9DXModded>>>Rat kit>>Octavia>>CE-20>>DD-7>>>Musicaman HD-120
I can play guitar if you like. My current band is forming as fast as I had hoped, so I have some time to do other stuff.

Edit: However, my vote definitely goes to Raven for guitar. His songs are great

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Last edited by MetalGS3SE at Jul 25, 2008,
Okay... as usual with most online bands, now we just need a drummer. If anyone knows a drummer on this site, give them a message.

Until then, Pick a song you want to cover. I personally think we should start with something easy to see how everyone works together.
I'll do maiden, oh btw metalgs you can play rhythm if you want.
Quote by roosoh13
I'll do maiden, oh btw metalgs you can play rhythm if you want.

Sounds good.

And a Maiden song sound fun. Possibly a Metallica song as well. Master of Puppets maybe? I can play that one pretty well.

Anything is good with me though.

I P R O G

all of these ideas are great but we still need a drummer...
Quote by Epiphany521
wtf roosoh? so are you outta mine?

Of course not, I just have a ****load of spare time.
will do buddy
Quote by The Raven
How are you guys tuned? I
'm in D standard at the moment.

Drop D at the moment myself, to practice a little Lamb of God for the other band I was hoping to get together.

Edit: I also found this drum program online called Rhythm Rascal that I've been messing around with to make simple drum tracks to jam to. I suck at it, since I don't know much about drums, but someone could use this program or something similar (I'm sure there are better programs out there) to use for drums until we find someone.

I P R O G

Last edited by MetalGS3SE at Jul 26, 2008,
Sounds cool man, I'll have to check it out. In the meantime, I've made a backing track for Aces High that I'll stick on my profile, you guys can check it out and let me know what you think. Its basically just drums, bass, and strings (yes. strings.)
It's really great... could you do that for any song?
Quote by The Raven
Sounds cool man, I'll have to check it out. In the meantime, I've made a backing track for Aces High that I'll stick on my profile, you guys can check it out and let me know what you think. Its basically just drums, bass, and strings (yes. strings.)

You are my new hero, man. I definitely look forward to working with you in this band.

I'll try to start learning the guitar parts today. I think both guitarists in this song play a solo don't they? I might be mistaken.

I P R O G

I don't know why I never attempted to play this song before, it's awesome.

I downloaded a backing track that sounded decent I looked up the tab and recorded myself playing through it the first time. I recorded up to the solo, then I couldn't really keep up with the tab by sight reading. I stopped the recording as it was so it ends abruptly, but I didn't want to record again without learning the rest of the song. I still have to practice it a bit, but tell me how you think it sounds.

The song is in my profile.

I P R O G

Well I'm playing rhythm for the band. As for this song, most of what I recorded, I believe, is Dave's part, so I guess I'll play that part.

I P R O G

I will admit ahead of time that my soloing abilities are a little sub par. If it's okay with you, I want to just play the backing for the whole solo. If not, I can play it fine, but I'm not 100% confident in my soloing ability.

By the way, I'm fixing to re-record the song using only Dave's part and playing the backing for the solo to see how it sounds. All I have left to learn is the slow part of the outro.

I P R O G

Awesome man. Whatever you feel comfortable doing is fine by me. On my version I only played part of the real solo, I just improvised on the rest lol ****ed up the end too
Is your recording a step down?

And that sounded pretty good. Can you send me the mp3 for your backing track as well? Or the mp3 of your drums and guitar together. Unless you want to redo your version completely.

Edit: I just finished the whole thing, and I personally think it's perfect as it is. Send it to me and let me throw my guitar part in and we'll get roosoh to sing and we're good to go.

Once it's finished, we need to make a band profile and put it up on there. When we have a name of course.

Edi 2: What program do you record with?

I P R O G

I actually like it better. The original is great, but with the medieval sounding backing track, and the guitars tuned lower, our version sounds dark and menacing. I love it. I just tuned my guitar down to match it.

Edit: Logging in.

I P R O G

I think you guys both sounded great... which means I've got to sing really well to match it. Thanks a lot guys! jk
I just finished recording my part and I've uploaded the full version with drums and both guitars. I'll send you instructions on how to download the mp3 roosoh, so you can do your part whenever.

It's in my profile. Let me know if it needs to be fixed, edited, or completely redone. (Hopefully it doesn't, but if it does, let me know.)

I P R O G

Since things seem to be coming together well, we should start thinking about a name for this band. Once we get a name, we can make a band profile on UG and start putting our stuff on there.

I P R O G

How about "Dark Star"?

Just the first thing that came to my mind. Let's make that a last resort
Do you have AIM roosoh?

Edit: Also, don't forget to give your opinion on the song. I want to make sure everyone is happy with it so far. Also, where is our bassist?

I P R O G

Page 1 of 3