Alright, everyone knows one of the number one signature guitar of an awesome guitar player: The Gibson Les Paul. I was looking through one of these instruments catalogs that had been mailed to me and I saw Epiphone had a smilar looking guitar also called the Les Paul. Can anyone tell me what happened there, and the differences between the two except the prices (obvious)?
Epiphone makes more afforadble copies of the Les Paul, similar to what Squier is to Fender, though Epiphone makes higher end guitars as well. There are many differences depending on which models you're comparing, some of the Epiphone models outshine some Gibsons.
I played a custom Epiphone Silverburst. It was nice and played decently but I found that the neck was a bit rough and hard to maneuver. It's all preference man this is just us so try one out for yourself but you really should consider Agile, they are amazing.
I was thinking of getting the Epiphone Les Paul soon, would that be a good decision for a nicee guitar? Right now I had an ESP EX-50 (Xplorer rip off) and a very crappy Washburn Lyon.
Well there are a lot of different models and companies that make Les Paul copies that are a lot better for the price. What genre do you play, what amp do you have, and what's your budget would be the essential questions here.
I don't really have a good amp. It's about a foot high and wide. Nothing big yet. I'm tight on space for even a half stack. I would be able to spend around four hundred for the guitar and the rest (about 150) I'm putting away for an amp. I'll play from the 60's, Grateful Dead, Led Zeppelin etc., to the 90's, Metallica, Nirvana, etc. About 40 years worth of music.
Maybe instead of a nice tv I should get an amp... How good of a half stack can I get for around 350?
You really wouldn't be able to get a halfstack for $350. Maybe a combo, take a bit from the guitar fund and put it towards the amp. Amp is like 75%(idk) if your tone.
Yeah, I was watching your video and one of the videos like it on the side this chick has the same guitar I have. If you want to see my guitar go here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKTY1KEcKE0&feature=related

Yeah, I'm thinking about gathering my birthday money and putting it towards something nice for my neighbors. Instead of hearing the crappy amp they'd actually hear me playing.
Well I think my max is around 600. I don't need a guitar then. I'd only really like it to be clear. No crackling like my current amp. While I'm thinking of buying... I have the Boss DS-1 (distortion) pedal and a wah-wah pedal. Any suggestions on what you think I could use. Maybe a noise suppressor?
Quote by Pwningplayer
Well I think my max is around 600. I don't need a guitar then. I'd only really like it to be clear. No crackling like my current amp. While I'm thinking of buying... I have the Boss DS-1 (distortion) pedal and a wah-wah pedal. Any suggestions on what you think I could use. Maybe a noise suppressor?

If the heaviest you go is Metallica a used Classic 30 with an OD pedal maybe? For a noise suppressor you can get a used one from eBay fairly cheap check em out.
I was looking in an article in Total Guitar I think it was, the other day. It compared the Gibson Les Paul and Epiphone Les Paul and said whether a Gibson was worth it. They decided that the Epiphone is much better due to the difference in price and the fact it is almost as good.

Saying that, I agree with the amp idea. I had a terrible guitar and a terrible amp. I got a new Marshall MG100DFX amp and my guitar didn't sound that bad. Now I have a Epiphone Les Paul Black Beauty to go with the amp and the sound it brilliant. Amp is definitely a bigger need.
Judging based on what you play, save up a little money and get a Peavey Classic 30 and an Epiphone Les Paul Standard. The Peavey has great clean tones and it can nail a good classic rock distortion as well. The Epiphone isn't as good as a Gibson, but if you upgrade the pickups it can be the next best thing. I don't have any experience with Agiles so I can't comment on the quality of their guitars, but I do hear great things about them. My Epiphone LP Plus is loaded with Gibson LP Studio pickups and it sounds excellent. I know some people have problems with the fretboards on Epiphone LPs but I've had no problems with mine at all.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
^^Yes the other advice above isn't very good, however I do have a Gibson and it blows epiphone away but for your needs get an epiphone les paul after you get a nice tube amp. For the music you play heres some amps in 500$ range:
-used Mesa/Boogie F-50
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (need OD pedal probably)
-Peavey Classic 30
-A small orange
just look for deals on ebay, but never get a Marshall MG Halfstack.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American 52 Telecaster RI
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Tanglewood Acoustic
Fender F-80-12
Various Pedals
Orange Rockerverb 50 Head
Orange Cabinets
Quote by imafool18
I have the same amp!

People bash it on this website.....

It isn't that bad...... unless you turn it up really loud!
I don't need loudness.

Then, why'd you buy a freaking 100W amp?

I owned the 15W, and it sounded horrible. I've heard the 100W model, and it doesn't sound much better.

Treat your ears to the wonders of a tube amp, and you'll know what you're missing.

Quote by Pwningplayer

Seriously, buy that amp. It's perfect for everything you listed. All you need is some sort of OD to get into Metallica/Nirvana territory. Forget about the guitar for now. The one you have is fine.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by TheEak
I would suggest an Agile instead. People compare it to a Gibson and it fits real nice in your $400 budget. Comes in tons of colors and styles too.
http://www.rondomusic.com/al-3000rootbeer.html
No, People compare Tokai to Gibson. People compare Agile to Epiphone.

Which is about right. Agile is basically Epi quality but cheaper, Tokai is basically Gibson quality but cheaper (incidently, almost exactly the same as the Epiphone Elitist series). A top Tokai will run you twice the price of a top Agile.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
No, People compare Tokai to Gibson. People compare Agile to Epiphone.

Which is about right. Agile is basically Epi quality but cheaper, Tokai is basically Gibson quality but cheaper (incidently, almost exactly the same as the Epiphone Elitist series). A top Tokai will run you twice the price of a top Agile.

That's the truth right there... Agile gets way too much hype
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by TheEak
I would suggest an Agile instead. People compare it to a Gibson and it fits real nice in your $400 budget. Comes in tons of colors and styles too.
http://www.rondomusic.com/al-3000rootbeer.html

To me, Agiles are basically Epiphones, they just come in diffferent colours and have a very rounded off 'single-cut'.
Cam Sampbell's my hero