bought a Washburn x50 pro from machinehead.co.uk where it was "supposedly set up by there great workshop guys" but it hasn't, they suck. anyway had a lot of buzzing all over the fretboard. Sorted that out by adjusting the truss rod and higherin the action a tiny amount. i recently put a new pack of d'addarios, there my fav strings i use them all the time and i come back to them. But my D strings intonation from the 8 - 9th fret upwards is WAY out like nearly a semitone, could i just have had a dodgy d string in the pack, iv tried adjusting the intonation but it doesn't move even if i move it all the way back and forth on the saddle :| help im pulling my hair out!
Thanks
Send it to qualified guitar techs and have them set it up for you. A local music shop should either have someone right there who can help you, or they would be able to recommend someone. It should be fairly cheap.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
there's only a few around here and there all rubbish iv had some set up before and it did pretty much nothing, before i restrung it the intonation was perfect since i put new strings and adjusted the truss and action the d string went funny i might just buy a d string on its own see if it is a string
On the X50, you can take a screwdriver and adjust intonation in individual strings. Just play an open D, then play a D on the twelth fret. Turn the screw at the bridge until the note is the same.
Quote by ElMaco
the intonation wont budge, the actual saddle is physically moving all the way back and forth, but the pitch does nothing if u get me
You may have to loosen the string to releave pressure on the bridge. The guitar doesn't even need to be in tune to adjust the intonation. If the sadde is stuck, then I don't know what you could do to loosen it.
Quote by ElMaco