I'm going travelling for a few weeks later this year, entirely domestic, but I'm going on some flights. I'll be gone for abou three weeks and I want to take some form of guitar like instrument with me.

So the question is how small does a guitar have to be before it is carry on luggage in a plane, and would I be better off getting a Ukelele rather than a small guitar.

Thanks.

If your interested I'm going on the young endeavour sailing ship, and am touring tasmania for a week.
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Would I be able to take the Mandolin onboard.

Also, something I should have pointed out, I don't really want to spend more than about 150 on what ever I get.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
A mandolin is about the same size as a Uke and you can get soft cases for them. I have seen people with guitars on a plane before so you might not have any trouble. But a mandolin would defiantly be fine. You might be able to find a cheap one for $150 or a used one for sure.
I am the Stig.
Quote by mullens99
A mandolin is about the same size as a Uke and you can get soft cases for them. I have seen people with guitars on a plane before so you might not have any trouble. But a mandolin would defiantly be fine. You might be able to find a cheap one for $150 or a used one for sure.

I was really hoping to be able to get a small guitar, as I don't know any songs for other instruments, but thanks for the help.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣