My Krank Rev Jr is too loud for my house. I ordered a weber 50w minimass a couple of days ago hoping I would be able to crank the volume to get full tube saturation and better tone at extremely low volumes ou of my Rev Jr, since, with the volume barely on (.5) it sounds totally solid state. Here is the the attenuator I bought https://taweber.powweb.com/weber/minimass.htm

Will this allow me to sound like this at 0:50 in http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6107965386328081263&q=krank+rev&ei=RV6JSPO0EYTA4AK0h6GLCA&hl=en ?
I really never recommend attenuators, when it comes to bringing tube amps to conversational levels of volume.
They aren't meant to attenuate it that much, without seriously altering the tone. No matter how good an attenuator is, when you attenuate it that much, it does change the tone.

You should always expect to have your tube amp running at shouting levels of volume, to get it to sound pretty good.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I really never recommend attenuators, when it comes to bringing tube amps to conversational levels of volume.
They aren't meant to attenuate it that much, without seriously altering the tone. No matter how good an attenuator is, when you attenuate it that much, it does change the tone.

You should always expect to have your tube amp running at shouting levels of volume, to get it to sound pretty good.

Well if this is true, then it's kind of a bummer. The ultimate attenuator claims to keep 100% of the tone even if the amp is running at a whisper.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, I don't buy it.

An attenuator is good in a band situation, if you're running at high levels of volume, and want to run your amp a little harder for more power tube saturation, without killing your ears or drowning out your bandmates.

^He's right. Even slight attenuation will grind the edge off your tone. I haven't tried the UA, but I'm VERY skeptical about the claim of no tone loss, because the entire concept of attenuation incorporates some unavoidable tone loss. The only sure way to not lose tone is re-amping your cranked amp into another power amp using a line-out, with your cranked amp's speaker output connected to a load box only (like a Hot Plate set to LOAD), & the power amp driving the speakers. THEN, you will NOT lose tone.
The unfortunate thing is that many amps do not have a line out that includes the power amp section, only a pre-amp out.

EDIT: It may be easier to just get a Cube 30 for low volume playing. If you're playing that softly, you really don't want to waste your tubes like that anyway.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Last edited by riffhog at Jul 25, 2008,