I just replaced my pickups and need to get a new distortion/overdrive pedal. I have a Schecter C-1 FR with Dimarzio Evolution pickups in both the neck and bridge positions. I'm running it through a Dunlop 535Q Cry-Baby Wah into a Crate Flexwave head with a Marshall JCM 1960 4X12 Lead Cab. I'm looking for a pedal that has tones ranging from Joe Satriani to Steve Vai, to Dragonforce. As well as other Metal acts. I play mainly lead so i need a good treble and mid boost with a tight and punchy bass end. I don't have and particular price range.
If it helps I'm planning on buying a Peavey 6505+ or XXX head within the next couple months.
I'm also looking at a Bogner Uberschall. I'm not sure because I've never been able to play one, but I've heard it gets some great lead tones.
bogner peavey mesa r ur way to go
Quote by Twist of fate
Once, I watched Star Wars episode 4. I timed myself so that I came right when the death star blew up.

Afterwards, Han Solo said "Great shot kid, that was one in a million!"
Vai and Satriani both came out with signature distortion pedals. Maybe check those out? Vai's is through Ibanez, Satch's is through Vox.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
I've played the 6505 and XXX and liked the distortion and I've heard good things about a Bogner but haven't played one.
id go for a peavey jsx amp. wont need pedals
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by JackTR
I've played the 6505 and XXX and liked the distortion and I've heard good things about a Bogner but haven't played one.

You know bogners are like wayyy more pricey than the 6505 and xxx eh? Actually I'd recommend the Peavey JSX. If you want satch tone you might as well get the satch amp.

EDIT: Damn he beat me to the JSX idea:P
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
+1 to the JSX.

If you're looking for shred tones, the 5150/6505 isn't the way to go, neither is the Uberschall. Both are pretty much all out metal amps, though they can get good leads, just not well suited for shred (imo). If you want a Bogner, get an XTC, otherwise get a Peavey JSX, Carvin Legacy or Carvin x100b (the latter of the 3 which can be found VERY cheap used and is a great amp).
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com