View poll results: Would you sellout?
yes
16 43%
no
5 14%
depends on circumstances
16 43%
Voters: 37.
Alright well the question is would you sell out and become a huge band?

i personally would because i dont want to be working at micky ds my whole life
I don't see what's such a big deal. If your band gets big, does that constitute selling out? Or are we talking green day sell out?
If I change my style because I'm interested in that genre, then yes. And if that genre happens to be a popular one, then so be it.
I would.

People flame Slash for being in GH3.
What if Neversoft asked you to be in the game with a 100,000$ deal. Who's the sellout now?
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
I don't know.

Why don't you dig up one of the 10000 threads on this subject and see what people have to say?
Oh yeah. In a heartbeat.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
major record sellout or extreme popularity, first hell no, second any day of the week
xbox live gamertag: phillips215
Quote by InvaderTSN
Yeah. I would get all the money and equipment I need and form a side band to play the music I really want to.

+1. The exact same thing I would do.

EDIT: For me, I would get the money and endorsements and buy me a few Mesa Mark IV's, Roadking's, Lonestar's and a Mark IIC+ and a Triaxis.

Custom guitars from ESP or an independent custom shop, DiMarzio pickups and T Rex for all my pedal needs would also be sweet and then I would suddenly switch my focus to playing the music I want to play to the best of my ability, and with the tightest sound possible, thanks to the money I made from selling out.
Last edited by Lrn2shrd69 at Jul 25, 2008,
becoming a huge band does not neccessarily mean selling out.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Well what do you mean by "sell-out"? Like Gene Simmon's sell-out where you make $$$ off of stupid commercial crap or like changing your style/sound sell-out? The first I'd do simply cuz I dont give a s**t who calls me what if I'm freakin driving round in a Lambourgini with 3 hot chicks (in a two seater car). As for changing my music it depends. People do change of course. For instance I used to be into hxc stuff bout a year ago and now I like more alternative. I think its ridiculous for people to expect an artist's music to stay the same forever. But like I said I would only change it if that style didnt suit me anymore.
Ibanez RGT42DX
-D'Addario .09-.42
Washburn X10
-Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottem
Cort 5 String Bass

Kustom Arrow 160FX
Electro-Harmonix-Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
Digitech-Grunge

i would sell out and become huge names
then return to death metal roots
bahaha