Hey My fender telecaster standard came with .09 strings but i would like to put on .10 strings. i heard you have to adjust the action but i have no idea how. I was wondering if i really have to adjust the action or if my guitar will still be fine without adjusting it. thnaks
Quote by Jamesplaysguita
Hey My fender telecaster standard came with .09 strings but i would like to put on .10 strings. i heard you have to adjust the action but i have no idea how. I was wondering if i really have to adjust the action or if my guitar will still be fine without adjusting it. thnaks
I'd expect you'd have to make SOME adjustment--most likely a truss rod and intonation adjustment. I'd let a pro do both if you don't know how to do them yourself.
Changing from .09 to .10 usually doesn't require any adjusting at all, it's such a small change. At most you may have to re-intonate your guitar, but that's very simple to do, it's something you should be doing everytime you re-string and tune your guitar anyway.

If you did go to a much higher gauge though (like jumping up to .12s or .13s), then you would need to have a few more things set-up properly.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.