Page 1 of 2
weird indeed. He is either just using that for the video or he has ever piece of electonics changed on the guitar.
I am the Stig.
i think you can play whatever you want on any guitar
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
of curse you can use whatever guitar you want as long as it sound good, even if its a pink hello kitty guitar. But this just makes you look very stupid.
I have this old Westfield Telecaster that was my first guitar, I founf it the oither day in the wardrobe with some dirty strings on it, i tuned it for a laugh and plugged it in, it does some amazing pinch harmoincs and chugging due to the trebbly pickups.

I rmember rightly, I was talking to RHCPfreak at the time, and he was like "woah, how do you get it to shredz"

Ah, I like teles... if theyre were as comfterble as a strat, it would be the best guitar hands down.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Quote by nick dixon
I have this old Westfield Telecaster that was my first guitar, I founf it the oither day in the wardrobe with some dirty strings on it, i tuned it for a laugh and plugged it in, it does some amazing pinch harmoincs and chugging due to the trebbly pickups.

I rmember rightly, I was talking to RHCPfreak at the time, and he was like "woah, how do you get it to shredz"

Ah, I like teles... if theyre were as comfterble as a strat, it would be the best guitar hands down.

just put a Strat neck on it

and set the action
Problem solved
Quote by metalgirl0
You can shred with any guitar, speed and technique is all in the fingers

Maybe like masturbation in public, because you can, doesn't mean you should^^
Quote by Death|Unlimited
Maybe like masturbation in public, because you can, doesn't mean you should^^

You can?

MC name = Bearrorism
Check out Devin Townsend. Its not a Fender tele he uses its a LTD. He has it in a open D tuning. He pulls off heavy very well.
Quote by hightension01
just put a Strat neck on it

and set the action
Problem solved

nooo, theres nothing wrong with the action at all, im just on about the body... those hard edges dig into you ribs a bit!
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
John 5 does it.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
When speaking or listening, you don't focus on the mouth as it is creating words.

In a similar fashion, when music is being played or performed, you shouldn't focus on the instrument, as it is merely the "mouth" of the musician.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
I think John 5, ergo I think awesome.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Try Brad Paisley. Hybrid Shred Picking isn't so unfamiliar on a telecaster. Telecasters were designed for Country picking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y-Ipi1dnng
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by InanezGuitars44

I agree . this video just shows how versatile guitars are
the jim root sig tele looks awsome. his tele is the only metal looking tele ever.
The thing is john 5 and Jim Root have heavily modified Teles to get the heavy sound out, you might as well just buy something else if you want heavy, it will be cheaper aswell.

also Teles are fugly as hell
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by mrbungle50221
The thing is john 5 and Jim Root have heavily modified Teles to get the heavy sound out, you might as well just buy something else if you want heavy, it will be cheaper aswell.

also Teles are fugly as hell

Opinions are opinions. Personally, I think Brad Paisley Telecaster Signatures are really good-looking:

What I admire most is the tone you can pull out one.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

check out ritchie kotzen during his mr big days. rockin that tele!! if you check out their instrumental version of burn you will see that there really is no problem shredding on one.

also, my cousin has a relatively cheap mexican tele. it completely owns my friend's american strat, in terms of playability and sound
Ibanez RGT42FM w/duncans
Musuc Man JP6, fully loaded
Crybaby 95Q
Boss DD6
Mesa DC-5
Quote by Smokey Amp
John 5 does it.

yeh that is a telecaster. But have you seen his guitars. There pritty much not telecaster anymore.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
It's all about the pickups.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Death|Unlimited
of curse you can use whatever guitar you want as long as it sound good, even if its a pink hello kitty guitar. But this just makes you look very stupid.

what?
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
I have mine tuned down to Drop C to play Children of Bodom on.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by InanezGuitars44

+1. "

Oh no, I have a telecaster but want to play heavy music. I guess I'll have to buy a new guitar then".
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
This, my friends, is why telecasters are awesome. There is nothing they can't do.

Plus, they look so god damn classy.
There is no need to add anything to this thread as John 5 has already been shown. It should be closed now so as not to confuse people to think you've to look any further than John 5 to get virtuosic playing with a telecaster,
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
Ritchie Kotzen pretty much outplays most people mentioned before, he's probaly one of the finest players to play a Tele.
Quote by Vermintide
This, my friends, is why telecasters are awesome. There is nothing they can't do.

Plus, they look so god damn cheesy.

Fixed.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
Page 1 of 2