Any Bill Hicks fans here?

I'm a huge fan, and he's one of my favorite comedians. I agree with him on most of the stuff he talks about. I would say he's done so much for comedy, and I would put him along with comedians like Richard Pryor in terms of influence.

I don't think there will be too many Bill Hicks like comedians, because the ones that try to be like him (edgy) really are just unoriginal (it's mainly thinks like "YEAH! George W. Bush sucks. WMDs, wtf?"). I mean, from what I've heard, there's a lot of Bill Hicks wannabes in comedy today. I think Patton Oswalt is the closest thing to Bill Hicks alive today.

Here are some of my favorite bits by Hicks:

Non Smokers

Drugs

PLAY FROM YOUR ****ING HEART! (This one you have to listen to the whole thing, because it's more of a punchline joke)

Waffle House

Rush Limbaugh

Bill Hicks getting heckled (I just love when he goes insane on stage)

Gays in the Military

Young Earth Creationists (Fundamentalists)
Even if he weren't funny he'd still be awesome just because of Ænema and Third Eye.
I am so tired of rhetorical questions. Or am I?
Hicks is mildly funny but painfully overrated. He's just a die-hard liberal ranting his brains out. Fuck the government, fuck consumerism, fuck Republicans, fuck Christianity, yes drugs, yes rock 'n' roll, yes whatever else. Like I said, some of the points he makes are funny, and being a smoker, I enjoy his cigarette rants condemning non-smokers, but really he's just ranting, although he is a genius as his stance on things is one teenagers, who say fuck the government and wax on about their atheist beliefs because it makes them feel edgy, would eat up. I'm not generalizing all his fans, but I feel that's where a large part of his fanbase comes from, since, in comparison to some of the other greats of comedy, he's not that funny.
I'm a fan. I have all of his CDs apart from Shock and Awe. I've been meaning to read "Bill Hicks: Agent of Evolution".

Also, NGD1313, you're probably right about the majority of his fanbase. Although it's worth pointing out that Hicks wasn't atheist.
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
I'm a fan. I have all of his CDs apart from Shock and Awe. I've been meaning to read "Bill Hicks: Agent of Evolution".

Also, NGD1313, you're probably right about the majority of his fanbase. Although it's worth pointing out that Hicks wasn't atheist.

No, I wasn't sure that he was. I don't remember him ever mentioning that he doesn't believe in some sort of God. Out of curiosity, what religion did he follow?
Bill Hicks Kicks so much ass

gotta say this one is my favorite
Quote by The Madcap

PLAY FROM YOUR ****ING HEART! (This one you have to listen to the whole thing, because it's more of a punchline joke)

You are now blinking manually
i watched half of one of his dvds and had to turn it off, i didnt find him in the slightest bit funny
From what i've seen/heard he's awesome, although i only really know him from listening to Tool..
I love bill hicks, I've seen most of the videos of him on youtube. I think I might buy revalations.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
If you like Bill Hicks, I HIGHLY recommend Doug Stanhope - and he's still alive!
Quote by NGD1313
Hicks is mildly funny but painfully overrated. He's just a die-hard liberal ranting his brains out. Fuck the government, fuck consumerism, fuck Republicans, fuck Christianity, yes drugs, yes rock 'n' roll, yes whatever else. Like I said, some of the points he makes are funny, and being a smoker, I enjoy his cigarette rants condemning non-smokers, but really he's just ranting, although he is a genius as his stance on things is one teenagers, who say fuck the government and wax on about their atheist beliefs because it makes them feel edgy, would eat up. I'm not generalizing all his fans, but I feel that's where a large part of his fanbase comes from, since, in comparison to some of the other greats of comedy, he's not that funny.

for instance? I'm really curious, because noone has ever been able to make me laugh like bill hicks has.
He's a pretty cool guy.

He does take shit a little far in some cases though, and the whole DUDE I'M SHOUTING IN YOUR FACE, I'M AN INTIMIDATING MOFO thing wears a little thin on me.

But any comedian willing to mime sucking Satan's cock is good in my book
I like Bill Hicks.

I discovered him yesterday (thanks to CoreysMonster)
and I think he's funny.

He does wear a little thin at times.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.
meh, hes' alright.

In fact, if he stopped being overly boisterous and loud he might even be funny

Yeah, basically I think that there are loads of better comedians out there and Bill Hicks is a better preacher than them all
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by CoreysMonster
for instance? I'm really curious, because noone has ever been able to make me laugh like bill hicks has.

Stephen Wright, Mitch Hedberg, Richard Pryor, and even George Carlin who basically did what Hicks did, but he did it better. I like my comedians to tell jokes, not get up there and yell his opinions.
I freakin love Bill Hicks! I love the way that he makes relevant social commentary funny.
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
Quote by NGD1313
No, I wasn't sure that he was. I don't remember him ever mentioning that he doesn't believe in some sort of God. Out of curiosity, what religion did he follow?

No religion. Just that Everyone is entitled to believe what they want, and that being extremist(spelling) or fudamentalist is stupid. i think he believed in God but in more of a personal way. You know that love instead of fear relationship thing.

Quote by NGD1313
Stephen Wright, Mitch Hedberg, Richard Pryor, and even George Carlin who basically did what Hicks did, but he did it better. I like my comedians to tell jokes, not get up there and yell his opinions.

If you ask me he doesn't really yell THAT much, but you know he had a lot of great things to say and when you get heckled there''s different way's of reacting to it.
I think that he felt like, "the things i say, i say to help people, to make them think, to open their third eye" and when people start heckling him because his "message" disturbes their short-thinked way of living life. I would at least be pissed of, and i am.
i like Bob Saget's stand up. it's funny cause he has nothing to say but covers that up by swearing.
I seriously fell in love with his end of show 'Just a Ride' speech, so damn good.

I love the guy.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Quote by Kiffa
I seriously fell in love with his end of show 'Just a Ride' speech, so damn good.

I love the guy.

yea that one's great
Bill Hicks is my favorite comedian, along with Dave Chappelle, who I like slightly less. Linky to group is in my sig. EVERYBODY JOIN!
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
Bill to random sap - "how many packs of cigarettes do you go through in a day?"

sap - "umm...2."

Bill - "pussy." "i go through 2 lighters in a day."
There's a road that leads to the end of all suffering. You should take it.

- Jericho Caine

secret, aaaaagent maaan.
secret, aaaaagent maaan.
"Smokers? How many smokers we got here tonight?"

"WHOOOO! *Light cheers, applause from audience*

"Listen to that energy they can pump out at will. Try this. Non-Smokers, how many non-smokers?"

*Much applause, much cheers*

"Bunch of pretentious ****s aren't they?"
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
"Anybody who has a problem with my smoking, stop for a second and take a look at the world around you. Now, shut the **** up." Brilliant.
Bumped for great justice, Bill Hicks is the man.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Bill is a timeless comedian and I love the intellect behind his jokes. Truly a comic genius.
A gem of a man, just as much a philosopher as a comedian.
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)