Hey, i got a '98 Mexican strat at the moment which i love - feel and plays great, however the pickups that i got in at the moment aren't exactly the best...

I still wanna maintain the 'strat' sound that i got at the moment but don't know where to go, dont really wanna pay too much as i play mostly bass. But i recently brought a new marshall amp so wanna get the best out of them both.
Quote by Woozye
HSS or SSS ?

i think he was referring to the brand of pickup.....
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
Quote by AiC
i think he was referring to the brand of pickup.....

LOL didn't got that

well, he's off anyway
Quote by vickers89
Hey, i got a '98 Mexican strat at the moment which i love - feel and plays great, however the pickups that i got in at the moment aren't exactly the best...

I still wanna maintain the 'strat' sound that i got at the moment but don't know where to go, dont really wanna pay too much as i play mostly bass. But i recently brought a new marshall amp so wanna get the best out of them both.

go with seymour duncan pups ...
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
go with texas specials if you want to keep a classic strat tone. aint cheap though i think the going rate is about £160 a set but they are good, i have some on an mia standard strat.

i also have a deluxe strat (HSS), the single coils are fender SCN 'hot' which i am very impressed with, they sound good even along side the texas specials. they are a bit cheaper than the texas specials at about £130 a set.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Have a look at Seymour Duncans, or some Lace Sensors. I think fender uses them sometimes (correct me if I'm wrong)
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
i put seymour duncan distortion in my strat, sounds good
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?
www.guitarfetish.com
They have cheap pickups that sound really good, but I would reccomend upgrading your amp first because no pickups will sound good through a mg. Most of your tone comes from your amp.
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
Yeah, uh, WHY THE HELL DID YOU BUY AN MG?!?!?!?!
EDIT: seriously, new amp. MG=bees in a trash can.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i dont suggest you get duncan strat pickups if you like tradition strat sounds.
they make pretty good hot pickups. so do dimarzio.

but to get the most out of that strat you want to return the marshall mg.

none of the beautiful lace sensors, or Lindy fralin or SD custom pickups will sound good thru that amp.

before you spend a couple hundred buying pickups, look into getting the best amp for your needs.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011