Page 1 of 2
So this has been a recent discussion with my film friends and I and as the horror fan they are always curious what I have thought as the best. It took me some time to recollect and think but just tonight I came to them with my top 3 horror movies of all time.

1. Psycho
Alfred Hitchcock is the master of suspense and this is hands down thee best horror film ever.
2. Nightmare On Elm Street
The reason I put Nightmare On Elm Street on this list is for the visual graphics and directing. Released in 1984 the visual graphics for this movie were beyond any other 'for its time'. I debated on putting Poltergeist in this spot but I give the edge to Wes Craven on directing this film. And of course Johnny Depps role.
3. Dawn of the Dead
This really could have been put with any George A. Romero film but I decided on this one. I really felt like a dick if I didn't put Romero here as he is a catalyst and a huuuge part of the horror community.

Any thoughts?
Looks about right to me.

But you could maybe swap psycho with lion king, nightmare on elm street with lion king 2, and dawn of the dead with lion king 3.

Just a suggestion.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Needs moar Evil Dead.

But yeah, good list actually.
Quote by Jimmy94

"I like dark jazz like OPETH"
"you should listen to BETWEEN THE BURIED IN ME"
"that is not real jazz"
"LOL R U KIDDING ME HNNNNGGGG"
Looks good - my top 3 are

The Shining - Jack Nicholson plays such a good charachter

28 Days Later - As it's the only film that actually scared me a little bit

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - cos it's so goddamn awful
I have awesome hair
i just watched stephin kings 1408 recently.. thought it was quite a good horror actually, scared the ****ing **** out of me anyways
I also loved 28 weeks later. And does anybody know if diary of the Dead is any good?
Quote by Jimmy94

"I like dark jazz like OPETH"
"you should listen to BETWEEN THE BURIED IN ME"
"that is not real jazz"
"LOL R U KIDDING ME HNNNNGGGG"
Quote by ButtholeZombie
I also loved 28 weeks later. And does anybody know if diary of the Dead is any good?

rubbish!! go watch something like Waz..
Quote by dan ramP
RSOB and Gavs must have a great relationship to be able to sleep around so much
Quote by RSOB Bass
Yeah, it's pretty flexible. Like gavz.

Likes to play thread games, also!

*[/dead]*
Quote by evilbeavil
i just watched stephin kings 1408 recently.. thought it was quite a good horror actually, scared the ****ing **** out of me anyways

+1 I saw it in the cinema, and i was so genuinely scared that I wanted to leave. What about event horizon peoples? It's not pooh your pants scary, but there's certainly something about it...
Quote by ButtholeZombie

its pretty dam hilarious
Quote by irishman
+1 I saw it in the cinema, and i was so genuinely scared that I wanted to leave. What about event horizon peoples? It's not pooh your pants scary, but there's certainly something about it...

Event Horizon is good. Not scary but pretty damn eerie and atmospheric
I'm not listing any comedy horror like Evil Dead I couldn't even consider it.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre is definitely top 5 best horror. 28 Weeks Later is a good zombie movie but doesn't touch any movie Romero has ever done.

Bitchwitch Project was THEE WORST cinematic project I have ever witnessed with my own eyes. Someone is running away with like 80 million bux in their pocket for a movie which took about 500bux to film and was God awful. If you were scared or even slightly terrified by this movie God bless your soul you are a weak individual and were raised by Santa Clause himself. Or possibly the tooth fairy.

Thanx for the feedback its appreciated.
kinda bridges over into sci-fi but ...

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by Moggan13
Event Horizon is good. Not scary but pretty damn eerie and atmospheric

I actually had a craving for Event Horizon the other night and watched it again. Not a bad film either.
Quote by PRESSURE.DROP
I'm not listing any comedy horror like Evil Dead I couldn't even consider it.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre is definitely top 5 best horror. 28 Weeks Later is a good zombie movie but doesn't touch any movie Romero has ever done.

Bitchwitch Project was THEE WORST cinematic project I have ever witnessed with my own eyes. Someone is running away with like 80 million bux in their pocket for a movie which took about 500bux to film and was God awful. If you were scared or even slightly terrified by this movie God bless your soul you are a weak individual and were raised by Santa Clause himself. Or possibly the tooth fairy.

Thanx for the feedback its appreciated.

I don`t know, Evil Dead made me be very afraid of trees...

The Shining wasn't so much horror, more like suspense for me...
I have yet to watch Psycho
Quote by rabidguitarist
Looks about right to me.

But you could maybe swap psycho with lion king, nightmare on elm street with lion king 2, and dawn of the dead with lion king 3.

Just a suggestion.

anyway what about The Exorcist? Or Saw, that's a great film...
wrong it goes in this order
1.Evil Dead
2.Evil Dead II
3.Army of Darkness

done and done
The Exorcist(1973) scared the crap out of me. i dont think i was ever the same after watching it. William Friedkin did a amzing job with it.
Quote by fudger
The Exorcist(1973) scared the crap out of me. i dont think i was ever the same after watching it. William Friedkin did a amzing job with it.

me to. i was 8 when i watched it, tramautized me as a child
Quote by Graveworm
The whole muagy thai or whatever crap is just meh to me.
The first Evil Dead, like $10 budget one, It's not scary but it is so badass you can't deny it
-The first Ring scared me as a 13 year old
-the grudge as well, **** off!

Other then that horror movies are ****ty.
Psycho? Maybe for it's time, but nowadays I'd say it's more of a comedy. Ya rly.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
The Guinea Pig Series 1-3
Rag Mop Do Do Duh DoDo Dedo Do!!!!!

R_A_G_G_M_O_P_P

RAGMOP
My top 3 are (bottom to top

3.Alien (Scary as balls)
2.The Exorcist (Never see this movie ever)
1. Audition (This is the most disturbing movie I have ever seen ever.)
Just remember, at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box
No order:

1. The Shining
2. Psycho (it's only truly scary once you've already seen it and you know the twist at the end)
3.Audition

All three of these movies show how even everyday, ordinary people can be dangerous, which is what makes them all the more scarier.

Alien gets a very close honorable mention.
The Shining in first for me. None of the visuals are terribly scary, but the thing is that the way the film builds up to them, you're just about to leave the room before they even happen haha. Plus I like how it's nothing terribly hideous, it's just a guy going crazy. But the film brings more 'edge' and suspense out of that than any other horror film.

Second for me is a lesser known movie: From Beyond. An H. P. Lovecraft adaptation. Some parts make you say, 'Cool!' Others make you feel uneasy, and others make you want to turn it off haha. This film is somewhat the opposite of The Shining in that the visuals are quite intense and often just weird. This film has less of the suspense and build up of The Shining, but more of a 'gross' atmosphere. A lot of cool lines, to: "My God, Edward, what have you become?"

"Myself."

The original Amittyville Horror in third. Somewhat like The Shining in that the events themselves aren't that terrible, but the suspense and atmosphere are thick.

So that's my list. I haven't seen a terribly large number of horror films, but enough to come up with I hope a somewhat respectable list. These are the three that I found myself wanting to turn off, or pause and take a breather. That's mostly why I chose them.
We're only strays.
1. The Shining
2. Alien
3. Dawn Of The Dead - the original Romero film, not the piss poor remake.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
Where The **** Is Halloween????
My Gear:

2006 Fender American Strat
'58 Reissue Korina Gibson Flying V
1963 Harmony H53 Rocket
Squier Tele Custom II

Fender Champion 600
Quote by Shredding Sam
Where The **** Is Halloween????

At the back of the shelf, dusty, where it belongs.

EDIT: store shelf
rawr
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Psycho? Maybe for it's time, but nowadays I'd say it's more of a comedy. Ya rly.

yes very true all the psychos make me giggle like a school girl.

Quote by Oguchi Onyewu
me to. i was 8 when i watched it, tramautized me as a child

yea me and you are in the same boat. i was never the same after the language they used was a little vulgar for my age and the whole movie was scary as balls.
About Dawn of the Dead (the original, of course), it didn't quite feel like a horror movie to me. The most 'atmospheric' scene was the SWAT raid in the beginning. Actually, the first 15 minutes of the movie. But as things settled down it acquired that fun sort of mood that it has. I think if Romero built it up further from the first scene that I mentioned, and made it scarier, it would be one of the best horror films without a doubt, ever. But instead it ended with that guy doing goofy '70s era mock karate moves. That being said, it IS a really great movie for what it is. But IMO not deserving of a top 3 spot.
We're only strays.
Quote by BaSsReBeL171
Evil Dead 2
Grindhouse
Phantasm

now that #1 has been fix'd. This.
UG's Prodigal Son
i cant believe no one has said it yet,

SAW !!!!!!!

I like the first and second, i think the others are crap.

But still a great horror movie
Quote by Chungavelli
I know this Jewish guy who pierced his asshole.
Dracula: Dead And Loving It.

/thread.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Mask_Of_Sanity
No order:

1. The Shining
2. Psycho (it's only truly scary once you've already seen it and you know the twist at the end)
3.Audition

All three of these movies show how even everyday, ordinary people can be dangerous, which is what makes them all the more scarier.

Alien gets a very close honorable mention.

I hear that one's pretty damn scary.
All Subtitled yeah?
1408 wasn't that scary. Alot of people like it, but it doesn't do much for me.

Saw 1 was a pretty good movie but ithe series went downhill after that.
28 days later was good i never saw 28 weeks though.
ED REED BABY
Page 1 of 2