Ok its probably really easy but i've got a squier start (& will upgrade when i get the $$) and the bridge is like really high and i'd like to lower it all the way down so its flat. I opened up the back and tightend the springs a bit but it didn't really do anything.

Is that all i gotta do? Or what?

Thanks alot.
I have the same guitar and i did the same thing with the springs, but it actually worked .. did you changed strings lately ? what gauge ?

EDIT:
Quote by Tster
Ok its probably really easy but i've got a squier start (& will upgrade when i get the $$) and the bridge is like really high and i'd like to lower it all the way down so its flat. I opened up the back and tightend the springs a bit but it didn't really do anything.

Is that all i gotta do? Or what?

Thanks alot.

you could block the bridge on the back actually , because you'll always have the string tension no matter how hard are your springs on the back
Woozye, im a bit confused with your lingo on that second bit. i only tightend the springs 2 full turns each on the screw but i guess i just got to keep screwing them down till its flat.

Edit:

And yeah i don't (hardly ever) use the whammy.
Quote by DerikIsEric
,blocking.the.bridge.is.a.good.solution.if.you.dont.use.the.whammy.

is it easy to set back if i have blocked it and pics?
MY GEAR
Gibson:SG special faded
Behringer:???
Behringer:V-tone GM108
Laney:TF400
Drums:Trax
Dunlop:Crybaby
Quote by Tster
Woozye, im a bit confused with your lingo on that second bit. i only tightend the springs 2 full turns each on the screw but i guess i just got to keep screwing them down till its flat.

Edit:

And yeah i don't (hardly ever) use the whammy.

If you don't use the whammy consider blocking the bridge . Or you could replace the springs in the back, for some stronger ones but I have no ideia what effect that would produce on the guitar besides making the bridge much stronger , so don't think about it just yet ..

i'll post a pic of mine so you can see how it is , it's almost flat
Woozye, is your bridge blocked? Yeah thanks a pic would be helpful.

also about the stronger strings bit that you said would that just mean thicker strings which would give off a more bass type sound? Since i like more of a lighter sound
Quote by Tster
Woozye, is your bridge blocked? Yeah thanks a pic would be helpful.

also about the stronger strings bit that you said would that just mean thicker strings which would give off a more bass type sound? Since i like more of a lighter sound

No , I have already blocked my bridge but now I've unblocked it .

About the strings, that depends on the string gauge: when I first bought the guitar it had thinner strings that it has now (046 - 009) so this means more string tension on the bridge, so I had to adjust the springs in the back because the bridge just came flying up.

This is the bridge, it's not a very clear pic, I had to use my cellphone

Here are the back springs, they are very thight .

In order to block the bridge I used a wooden block in the back , keeping it completely flat, but I didn't even tried to use the whammy bar, otherwise it would break something in the back

EDIT:

This is how I blocked the bridge (I used a rubber and some post its, just to give you an idea)
Last edited by Woozye at Jul 25, 2008,
thanks alot for that man, appreicated!!

i think i know how im going to go around it

Quote by Tster
thanks alot for that man, appreicated!!

i think i know how im going to go around it