EDIT: Clips added

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wXy-9v4a3c - Norwegian Cowbell (part of it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq2ufDGskB0 - Curse Of Castle Dragon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1F-CJ2BJiA - Scarified

So today, my dad flew here over to Sydney for my sister's wedding and to drop off my brand new guitar, and I must say, this is the BEST guitar I've ever played, the neck is deceptively fast, when I first saw the neck I was a bit iffy on how it played, but after plugging it in and warming up, this thing was pure ecstasy to my ears, eyes and fingers, the finish is extremely well done, fast runs can be done so easily on this thing, it's like your fingers are made of butter! It plays better than my Jackson Professional, which was a 1990-1992 MIJ guitar, which was a golden age for Jackson, but this new guitar just blows it completely out of the water.

Basically everything on this guitar was hand-made, the body, the neck, the pickups all hand-made, the hardware is ACE, the Gotoh Floyd is an incredibly reliable Floyd Rose, GREAT sustain from it too, I didn't expect to get tone so close to a fixed bridge with a floating tremolo. Tuning stability is PERFECT on this thing, it even came set up perfectly and in perfect tune, even the intonation was perfect!

The pickups were hand-wound (I mentioned earlier) and these things stand up to DiMarzio pickups, if not, even better! The tone is orgasmic! They're the most versatile pickups I've ever heard, they can do glassy clean jazz tones, mellow blues tones, classic rock tones, metal tones, 80's metal tones, funk tones, these pickups are just the greatest I've ever heard!

And guess how much it all cost?

Only $1400 AUD

Enough with my ranting, here are the pictures!

Last edited by XianXiuHong at Aug 4, 2008,
way to brag asia man.
but,
i like the tone.
its earsex.
now we both have black giutars

now imagen when we play all together.
itll be epic, because the guitars wont fit,
Look awesome even to me. I'm really picky about guitars xD
It doesn't look too complicated but with enough features.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
OMFG, Where did you get one from? Who's made it?
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Though I'm not the biggest fan of that body style in general, that guitar looks incredible.
Good music is good music...everything else can go to hell

Gear:
Gibson LP Studio
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Avatar G212H (1xG12H30 1xAlnico Gold)
TS-9 Screamer
Boss Tu-2
Line6 X2-XDS Plus

The Band
THAILAND?! Screw you

you got my hopes up, i thought there was a custom guitar shop in sydney that made guitars cheap
My Gear
Line 6 Variax 600
Epiphone G-310
Ibanez RG350EX
81' Ibanez Blazer Bass

Line 6 Spider III 75
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Fender ToneMaster Mini
Boss DD-2 Delay
Boss CE-2 Chorus

My Band
Band MySpace!
Band UG Profile
Quote by BFun
THAILAND?! Screw you

you got my hopes up, i thought there was a custom guitar shop in sydney that made guitars cheap

Haha, I tell you, it's all worth it, the guitar plays like a guitar in Australia at least 3 times the price I got it for.
Whats the specs on the beast? Seems like a steal for $1400, somethings gotta be a let down on it. Perhaps a licensed FR that i spot? Or 'strange' pick-ups?

Regardless, if i were getting a guitar, i would rather excellent feel with inferior hardware rather than vise versa. You can always upgrade hardware.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Quote by XianXiuHong
Thailand, a guy called Mr. Rintr, he's been making guitars for over 30 years!

Dam I am saving up for when I go to Thailand next summer, that thing is a beast
i thought that was a HM start for a second still a nice looking guitar go for it man
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
wow... beautiful guitar man! Sound clips/vids?
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by .arkness:.
Whats the specs on the beast? Seems like a steal for $1400, somethings gotta be a let down on it. Perhaps a licensed FR that i spot? Or 'strange' pick-ups?

Regardless, if i were getting a guitar, i would rather excellent feel with inferior hardware rather than vise versa. You can always upgrade hardware.

Nope, the Floyd is a Gotoh Floyd, it's absolutely perfect so far, awesome sustain, great vibrato with the whammy bar, perfect tuning stability.

The pickups as I described in the OP are great, they compare to DiMarzios, the hardware on this thing is top notch, not a problem at all!

Body is made of Quilted 5A Maple
24 Fret rosewood fretboard
5 way selector switch with push/pull tone pot for different tone options
2 hand-wound humbuckers (incredibly versatile)
Planet Wave locking tuners
Gotoh Floyd Rose

Quote by Joeval
wow... beautiful guitar man! Sound clips/vids?

Thanks, I'm planning to record a few vids soon, but I'm going overseas for a week so I might take a while, depends if I have time later today, I might record a bit
Last edited by XianXiuHong at Jul 25, 2008,
Nice guitar! What are the specs on it? Can you take some pictures? In particular the neck joint, the head stock, and the body but with more light!
Quote by Mwoit
Nice guitar! What are the specs on it? Can you take some pictures? In particular the neck joint, the head stock, and the body but with more light!

Specs are in the post above you, I might take a few more pictures later if time lets me.
The entire body is made of quilted maple?
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Jesus, that quilt is beautiful. Good job mate.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by .arkness:.
Perhaps a licensed FR that i spot?

gotoh floyds are awesome. easily the equal (if not better) than an OFR.

---

that guitar looks awesome. i agree with you about the sustain from the gotoh floyd, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
very nice
"In peaceful sedation I lay half awake, and all of the panic inside starts to fade. Hopelessly drifting, bathing in
Very sexy guitar, mate. Congrats
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
The only thing about that thing that I don't like is the headstock. But that doesn't even really matter. Congrats on the new axe dude.
(Gear in profile)

Yes I do like metal, no I'm not a close minded idiot.
The top reminds me of my X40

Gorgeous guitar, looks amazing.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

WOW that is one beauty!!!

oh and to the guy who had a problem with the country it was made in. just because it is made in Thailand doesn't mean it is bad also the price is explainable since in Thailand a dollar is way more worth than here
Looks nice man! Some clippage or vids would be great, I need to hear with my own ears if it stands up to the rep you gave it. Congrats!
UPDATE: Videos have been recorded, uploading to YouTube, will post in this post and in the OP.

Just before you watch, please know that my house isn't set up acoustically so the tone you hear in the video will be sub-par to the tone you hear in real life, otherwise, please enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wXy-9v4a3c - Norwegian Cowbell (part of it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq2ufDGskB0 - Curse Of Castle Dragon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1F-CJ2BJiA - Scarified
don't have time to check them now, but will later. (bump it if i forget)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
sounds great! very nice playing too!
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
sounds great! very nice playing too!

Thanks I just got a Peavey Valveking 112 today but I was stupid enough to buy a distortion pedal along with it haha, the videos were recorded through a Digitech Metal Master and a VOX AD30VT though.

Just a quick question for you, would the Valveking sound like ass with a distortion pedal through it instead of an OD?
you'd really need to try it. some distortion pedals are nice (i have an hbe big d which is nice), but some sound like bees in a can...

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the tone's great on the higher strings but to me it sounds a little sorta mushy on the lower strings
Quote by 20cdndollars
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I HAVE to wear my kilt every Thursday...

I'm not sure why, though.

Me too!
We should start a support group.
Quote by bass dude nick
the tone's great on the higher strings but to me it sounds a little sorta mushy on the lower strings

Probably because I rolled the tone knob on the guitar down to the bass end, I didn't realize until I finished the covers haha