Hi all, havn't been on here in a while since getting my amp as I've had too much fun messing around with it,
I got a Mesa Dual Rec and love it! It's the first real pro amp I've ever had, I'm loving its versatility and seem to be able to dial in most tones really well, just two I am struggling with.

First the Slash lead, a la SCoM solo, any tips on getting this, I'm pretty close but it sounds a bit shrill on the high e string especially. Tried dropping treble a bit but doesn't seem to help.

The second tone I'm after is a modern lead tone, like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liSmD2HJW_M
6:56-7:15

I'm using a Schecter C-1+ (Basically a decent LP clone with same woods) with BareKnuckle Rebel Yell Pickups fitted, 11k neck, 15k bridge alnico V i believe (long time since i bought them)

I also have a Bad Monkey, Dunlop Crybaby, Danelectro Fish n Chips I can chuck in there but havn't so far.

Any tips pls!?
Well for slash, try checking the Ultimate Settings thread sticky at the top of this page, put your settings to that, then tweak them to match your guitar and amp.

For modern lead, try backing off the mids slightly and boosting the treble and bass, putting presence high as well if you have it, that works for me, although im not using anything like a dual rec though.

EDIT: on second thoughts, sift through the ultimate settings thread till you find an artist who's lead tone you like, use that as your base and work from it

hope that helps
ultimate settings thread i think its called. its a thread with a list of loads of guitarists, and good gain, treb, mid, bass levels to use.

or, the other option, is to buy the same guitars, the same amps, the same effects pedals as whoevers tone you want to get. that is truly the only way.
use the neck pickup and roll the tone knob a bit. sometimes slash uses the bridge pickup but still, the tone knob is rolled. add a bit of reverb too.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by leviticus_22953
use the neck pickup and roll the tone knob a bit. sometimes slash uses the bridge pickup but still, the tone knob is rolled. add a bit of reverb too.

I've recently been trying decide between a reverb pedal or a delay,

been looking at the Marshall EchoHead, would this do the job of a reverb as well?

Another thing, I was thinking of lowering the height of the pups at the high string ends, would this help?
Quote by RzrbldeSuitcas3
I've recently been trying decide between a reverb pedal or a delay,

been looking at the Marshall EchoHead, would this do the job of a reverb as well?

Another thing, I was thinking of lowering the height of the pups at the high string ends, would this help?

lower the treble string side of the birdge pickup and the bass string side of the neck pickup to balance the output.

Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
thanks was thinking of doing this, gave it to my rubbish local guitar shop for a setup and instructions to take a look at this for me while they were at it, 8 weeks! later and it helped a bit but not as much as i would have liked.

Oh and the ultimate settings thread really helped thanks guys
Quote by TubeAmpGuy
Get a Marshall

I doubt he wants to sell his amp for a Marshall.

And use the Ultimate Settings thread and tweek,
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Regarding the SCom tone you should use the neck pickup and turn down the tone knob on the guitar...but slash has such a signature marshall sound, i dont know if you could get that on the mesa.