i have a boss metal zone 2 and i dosent make sound any more cause a white wire came off the imput jack. is this because i fried it ? is there anyway to salvage it, i know alot of you guys build custom pedals so...
Attachments:
0725080631a.jpg
I doubt a single cable unhooking itself would be enough to cause a stray voltage worthy of destroying the circuitry. Still, stranger things have happened. Is there no dry signal when the pedal is in your signal chain, but switched off?
Yup. And don't get a metalzone, try something different! I don't trust pedals that have "metal" or "grunge" in the title, as these pedals were usually created after the genre which inspired them.
Quote by Meddled
Yup. And don't get a metalzone, try something different! I don't trust pedals that have "metal" or "grunge" in the title, as these pedals were usually created after the genre which inspired them.

The Metalzone is one of the best distortion pedals out there in my opinion aswell as many others out there, just give it a try yourself.
Quote by Titch2011
The Metalzone is one of the best distortion pedals out there in my opinion aswell as many others out there, just give it a try yourself.

I disagree. People are simply drawn to it because it has "Metal-" in the name, with next to no knowledge of what a good tone is.
^ exactly, instead look up actual metal artists and use what they used.
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
metal artists all use high gain amps... or well cranked amps
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
how did you attach it back?
-------------------------------