A Gibson J-45 from 1947, very well looked after, not as much wear and tear as you'd probably expect from 61 years of play. Beautiful, beautiful instrument. It belongs to my mum and she's not going to sell it, but is interested in knowing how much it's worth. Any educated guesses here? Obviously taking it someone to have it valued would make more sense, but UG's closer
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by johnny_tapia
Pics?

Would really have to see the pics. I'll wait to you get some.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

probably a **** load of money, dont just sell it to someone who ofers you a lot of money, figure out how much it's worth through a reliable source.
J-45 1959

Didn't look for very long so there could have been guitars closer to your year. But they wanted $3,900 for a j-45 from 1959. So I think a good guess would be something like that. Or?

BTW: You have yo give us some pics
I saw one with worn finish at a local acoustic store that is a carrier of old acoustics. These guys are good when it comes to prices, and it was priced at $4500 Cnd. The finish was worn away around the sound hole, so guess off that.
Without pics, you can't really say because we can't see the condition. I'm going to say 12 dollars for now but that may or may not change when the pictures surface.
When I can get to pics, I will post pics. I just happen to be in a different country to the guitar at the moment and it crossed my mind. Will be a while.

It's slightly more beaten up than that 59 one, but that's 12 years for you
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
if its in reallllly good condition i'd say around $5,000.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Straight from "The Blue Book of Acoustic Guitar" (2003 ed, maybe values have increased now):

'47 J-45: $2800 excellent conditions, $2200 average conditions

Anyway, be sure that it isn't a '42-'45 because, due to WWII, Gibson builded J-45s with whatever wood they found. So values may increase by even 50% (or drop by about 15%).

P.S.: my first post
well, you might be able to buy a used car.
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
It's from '47 because they changed the style a bit then, and my granddad bought it so I know.