I'm not the greatest with ohms. But... If I were to get the Carvin BX1200 and the Avatar 2 x 12 Bass Cab would I have to worry about the head damaging the cab by pushing it to hard? At what ohm should I get the speaker to prevent damage to either?

Would it just be safer getting a BX 600 Head and matching it with the Avatar 4x10? (Or 2x12 if that would be smoother?)

Halp plz?
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

With the BX1200 you have so many options. If you run it bridged at 8 ohms it will overpower the speaker. However, you can run one of the power amps only and push it into an 8 ohm cab to get 225 watts or a 4 ohm cab to get 400 watts. Either ohmage will do fine because either way you can add on another cab and get more wattage out of the head by using the other power amp with it.
I dunno how to bridge so I'm probably gonna go withthe BX1200 and a 4 ohm Avatar 2x12. Thanks Jazz .

Although, does anyone know how well the 4x10 handles low end i.e. a low B? 'Cause Avatar boasts about an "improved low end" due to their speakers, but I'm not sure how "good" it really is.
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Well I can't speak for the 4x10, but the 2x12 can handle a low B fine, and I downtuned to A, and it still was fine.