And the problems is that they don't lock! I can't even bend my strings without them going out of tune!

I have them in my PRS SE Soapbar II, which means they fit in straight in and snug, but I had to drill holes in order for them to screw in (stock screws on the side).

The Grover Locking tuners are supposed to lock when you first put in the string as you might know; you have to align them so that they 'click' in place, and then you can wind them up and they automatically lock.

At least that's what the grammatically shameful instructions said to do.

But really, this is the second set of locking tuners that I have gotten (the other gotohs I had broke, and they were made of steel), and I just think that the locking tuners really don't like me or something.

Is it me?
Try sperzels. They're known for being the best.
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
Quote by GlideOn1
And the problems is that they don't lock! I can't even bend my strings without them going out of tune!

I have them in my PRS SE Soapbar II, which means they fit in straight in and snug, but I had to drill holes in order for them to screw in (stock screws on the side).

The Grover Locking tuners are supposed to lock when you first put in the string as you might know; you have to align them so that they 'click' in place, and then you can wind them up and they automatically lock.

At least that's what the grammatically shameful instructions said to do.

But really, this is the second set of locking tuners that I have gotten (the other gotohs I had broke, and they were made of steel), and I just think that the locking tuners really don't like me or something.

Is it me?

pull the string taut, then wind to tune.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I dont have any tuning issues with the grover lockers I have. Turn em till they click. The short side of the offset needs to be away from the bridge. Slide the string in pull it somewhat tight then crank the tuner. If the strings are ending up with wraps around the post thats where your problem is.
I swear I have done all of those things, I let them 'click' in place before I put the string through them, pulled them tight (with pliers too) and just wound them up. No windings around the posts either.

I'm thinking maybe two alternate possibilities here though, I do have an unusual guage of strings on - some ernie ball super slinky lights with extra light on the treble end; that might mean that they are too thin to pin down and lock.

Or it might be the cheap plastic nut; I've been meaning to get it replaced anyway.

Or maybe I just have some lemon tuners (twice now).
Cheap plastic nuts are the source of many tuning problems. The guitar I have with grover lockers has a graphite nut.
Does anyone know of a place where I can find slotted graphite nuts fitted for a Paul Reed Smith (metric if need be) type guitar?