Replacing My ME50
I'm looking to replace my BOSS ME50. I've had it for the longest time, it was the first pedal that I used.

I want to replace it to free up some room on my board and get some higher quality pedals.

The settings I use in mainly as the DS-1 distortion, Phaser, Rotary, Chorus, Delay and the Whammy and Resonance pedals.

What are the best pedals you could recommend I get for each one of those types?

For distortion I was thinking a Jekyll and Hyde overdrive/distortion possibly and an MXR Phase pedal.

I play Alternative rock and I'm pretty effects and distortion heavy in places. For example for one of my bands songs, "Lights", I use the ME50's harmonier a 5th down, with the resonance expression pedal, which is basically a filter that either boosts bass or treble depending on if it's up or down.

Would it really be worth me replacing the ME50 with even more pedals?
If you get on with it, dont bother.

Buying seperate pedals for all those things you use will set you back a ****-ton of cash.
If you need more than one effect in a single song e.g. phaser and harmonizer, just get a phaser or harmonizer pedal. Only get ones you need as well as the ME-50. It's a brilliant pedal, and you'll regret parting with it if you buy all those smaller pedals.

Batteries:

ME-50 = either 6xAAs or 1 DC Power Adaptor.

Distortion = 1 9v
Phaser = 1 9v
Rotary = 1 9v
Chorus = 1 9v
Delay = 1 9v
Resonance = 1 9v
Whammy = DC Power Adaptor

Either that or about 7 DC Power Adaptors. See the advantages of the ME-50 now?
Heh. True. Thanks for that guys. I think I might just buy a nicer distortion pedal and sell of my Drivemaster.

Anybody wanna buy it? :p
Quote by A-G-guitarist
If you need more than one effect in a single song e.g. phaser and harmonizer, just get a phaser or harmonizer pedal. Only get ones you need as well as the ME-50. It's a brilliant pedal, and you'll regret parting with it if you buy all those smaller pedals.

Batteries:

ME-50 = either 6xAAs or 1 DC Power Adaptor.

Distortion = 1 9v
Phaser = 1 9v
Rotary = 1 9v
Chorus = 1 9v
Delay = 1 9v
Resonance = 1 9v
Whammy = DC Power Adaptor

Either that or about 7 DC Power Adaptors. See the advantages of the ME-50 now?

i have that thing that powers up to 8 pedals. it's 30 bucks.. like everyone has it.

but yeah the me-50 is awesome. i have like 6 specific pedals and i still use my me-50 all the time. i would just add something more unique with it.